Chapter - 21

Standing in front of the mirror, Wang Yibo was drying his hair, with a hair dryer. He had just got out of the shower and was involuntarily sulked when his eyes drawn to the clock. It was 6:15 am. He was running late. Though thinking about the start of the day it was still a bit dark outside. The sun was still not up from behind the mountains to brighten the world. It seemed he was the eager one to got up early today and now, was getting ready to go to the hospital.

Not his own, but of the city's where he had planned it for today for many days and last night, he almost lost his hope to go there.

Looking at his own reflection, he had a scoff at his appearance, his tired eyes and slim figure that has become thinner than before. He remembered Dr Hue's scolding about his health. These busy days really trolled on his health and made him physically and mentally exhausted. He needed a good rest of few days yet after coming late at home last night; he got up early in the morning and stood here, getting ready to leave. 

Despite his exhaustion, he felt quite thrilled at the thought of going to see the patient who had worried him so much these days. He wanted to arrive there as soon as possible.

Thinking about yesterday night, he had almost given up the possibility to go there. But then as a miracle Dr Hue came to see him. He thanked him in his heart because if he(Dr Hue) hadn't been there it wouldn't have been possible to leave and be at home last night. He was grateful that his Ge had come on time to send him off with the assurance of accepting responsibility of taking care of the little boy. He wondered how he had stormed in to the ICU looking for him the previous night.

The sound of sudden footsteps startled him as he was sitting next to the younger patient and keeping his eyes on the EEG (Electroencephalogram) so as not to miss any instability of the readings of brain activities. He looked aside from the machine and surprised to see Dr. Hue there with a warm smile. He had returned to the hospital today but they were yet to be meet. "Hue Ge, you are here?"  He said happily, getting up from his seat.

"YiBo!" Dr. Hue gave him a warm hug and asked, looking at him as a probe. "How are you boy?" 

"I'm fine, Ge. How are you and how is everything at home?" He asked feeling being exposed under his gaze.

Dr. Hue was his senior both in terms of age and profession. They first met in his second year at a medical camp where he joined as a volunteer trainee. After completing his degree and awaiting exams, Dr. Hue also joined the campus as an apprentice. Their values of this profession clicked and soon, the senior and junior became good friends. 

Dr. Hue also was the co-founder of the hospital along with YiBo’s maternal grandfather and one of his uncles. When Wang YiBo’s grandfather decided to open this hospital, he asked Wang YiBo to contact a doctor. At that time, Wang YiBo was yet to complete his studies. Wang YiBo immediately thought of his senior co-friend, and Dr. Hue agreed to his proposal without any further thought. In the early years of establishment, Dr. Hue had a great role in managing everything about the hospital until Wang YiBo officially joined as a doctor.

"Everything is better than before. Although your sister-in-law is still in shock, she is taking care of herself. I didn't think she would recover this soon." Dr. Hue said with an expression as he was relieved at the improvement of issues related to his wife.

"It's a relief that she is coming out of this pain. I am sorry for not being able to meet her during this difficult time. I will come to see her soon. When is she coming back?" Wang YiBo said embarrassedly. He was really feeling guilty that he could not meet her at this time. But he also knew that this couple would never be angry with him for this because they were able to understand his helpless not be able to be with them. Still he could not remove this guilt.