Chapter - 25

“Mrs Xiao.”

The woman who had been called turned in the direction of the voice and found Wang Yibo had risen to his feet, leaving his mother's embrace and standing firmly on the floor. At this point his voice seemed a little distant, lacking empathy and emotion.

Mrs. Xiao was amazed at the change in the man who had always been polite and generous to others. But as soon as she looked at the man deeply, she did not see any difference in his appearance. He was calm as always and had a smile on his face.  Mrs. Xiao suspected his perception of mistaking things.

Then his eyes fell on Mrs. Wang who was sitting in the same position in her seat, but the sadness and pain that was in her eyes a moment ago was no longer visible. She appeared calm and clear and looked at her female guest with solemn eyes.

"Yes, Dr Wang?" Mrs. Xiao replied after taking a whole minute to absorb the troubling thoughts that had arisen in her mind and were now emerging as misconceptions about her.

“Are you going to see Xiao Zhan?” He asked and at the same time, before waiting for an answer, he went to the three-seated sofa, and from there he picked up a few bags from the pile of bags he had left in his haste when he reached home and saw his mother in a desperate state.

Mrs. Xiao nodded lightly and confirmed this. This caused Wang Yibo to raise his busy hands which were filled with the bags he had just picked up from the sofa and pass them towards Mrs. Xiao. "Then, please take these bags to her room and put the things in her wardrobe. It’s in the right corner."

“All right." She took the bag from him. "I'll put them there." There were too many of them and for her, it was difficult to carry them. Still, she tried to take them all at once.

After handing the bag to Mrs. Xiao, Wang Yibo had already returned to the sofa to pick up the rest of the bag. He didn't see her struggling with the stuff. But Mrs Wang was looking at them silently.

Seeing that the poor woman was finding it difficult to carry them, Mrs. Wang got up from her seat and turned to the other woman. “Let me help you pick some of them, Mrs. Xiao.” She offered to help and took some bags in her hands.

“It's okay Mrs. Wang. I will manage them. You don't need to do this." Mrs Xiao was reluctant to give her host lady a hard time. She and her son were already courteous by keeping them in their house and taking care of them. To do this for a stranger, to let them suddenly in their home would not be easy for someone either, and yet this kind lady had done nothing but give them a warm welcome in her home.

Wang Yibo looked back and saw the two women talking about something he had forgotten to think about. He reproached himself for being thoughtless to a simple matter. But at the same time, he was happy to see his mother interacting normally with the other. The hard time had passed. Thinking this he heaved a sigh of relief.

“Mrs. Xiao, they say that the work will be done more easily and in less time if more hands join." Mrs. Wang persuaded with a smile and Mrs. Xiao thought it over for a second. She shouldn't hesitate when the other was giving a helping hand in a friendly manner. It would be rude if she refused to accept. So she handed over some bags to Mrs Wang who, happily, took them.

“Mrs. Xiao, I'm sorry for not paying attention." Wang Yibo apologized to the woman, leaving her confused. She didn't understand the reason but Mrs. Wang did.

“Because sometimes you lose your considerable mind and get stupid too, Yibo." She gave a small scolding to her son and Wang Yibo made a cute, innocent face, astonishing Mrs. Xiao. She always saw him as serious and well-behaved. This reminds Mrs. Xiao of her son's antics, whose face was the same when his father used to tease or scold him for being mischievous. She laughed at Wang YiBo’s reaction.