Chapter - 36

“Xiao Zhan…!!”

Xiao Zhan slowly opened his eyes and saw a hand stretched out in front of his face, holding two large capsules in its palm. It was his mother, Mrs. Xiao, who had brought his medicine. She handed him a glass of water along with the capsules, saying, "It's time for your medicine."

Xiao Zhan took the capsules from her hand and stared at them for a moment, as if unwilling to take them before putting both of them in his mouth at once and swallowing them with a large gulp of water. Mrs Xiao carefully took the empty glass from him, wiping his face with a soft cloth and placing the glass on the ground near her chair.

As she sat on the lawn chair beside him, Xiao Zhan gazed up at the clear blue sky, feeling the warmth of the sun on his skin. The day was looking quite pleasant today, and he felt grateful for his mother's care and attention.

Earlier today, after finishing up a delicious lunch, Wang Yibo took Xiao Zhan out to the lush green lawn to bask in the warmth of the sun's rays.

The day was absolutely perfect, with not a cloud in sight and the sun shining bright in the sky. The weather was delightful, with a gentle breeze blowing through the air. Wang Yibo had an idea and suggested to Xiao Zhan that they should take advantage of the beautiful weather. He carefully placed Xiao Zhan's wheelchair in the centre of the lush green lawn, surrounded by colourful flowers and foliage. "What a lovely day today!" exclaimed Wang Yibo, with a big smile on his face. "Let's enjoy some sunshine and fresh air."

Xiao Zhan didn't respond immediately but stretched his back a little against the backrest of his wheelchair, making himself comfortable. He took a deep breath, feeling the fresh air fill his lungs and looked up to the sky. As he gazed up, he saw a pair of red and golden-coloured birds flying towards the same mountain that was his favourite spot. The vibrant sight of the birds made him happy, and he smiled.

He felt familiar with the magnificent birds because he had seen these birds before somewhere but couldn't recall where and what’s their names. Xiao Zhan was always fascinated by nature, and he loved to observe the birds, their colours, and their flying patterns. He looked around and saw a few more birds flying over his head. The sound of their wings flapping was soothing, and he felt at peace.

"What are those birds called?" As curiosity piqued in him, Xiao Zhan asked pointing with his eyes towards the magnificent pair.

Wang YiBo looked up in the direction of Xiao Zhan's gaze and replied with a smile. "They are Golden Pheasant."

Xiao Zhan listened and then nodded in understanding without averting his eyes from the Pheasant pair. When Wang Yibo saw Xiao Zhan still looking at the birds, he guessed that Xiao Zhan might be interested in learning more about them. So he elaborated. “They are also known as the ancient phoenix and a rare species to see.”

Xiao Zhan's eyes were fixed on something in the distance, lost in thought until a sudden sound jolted him back to reality. He turned his head to see Wang Yibo busily taking pictures of some birds on his phone. Intrigued, Xiao Zhan couldn't resist leaning in for a closer look. To his surprise, Wang Yibo had just snapped a photo of those vibrant rare birds! With excitement, Wang Yibo eagerly showed Xiao Zhan the stunning picture he had just captured.

Xiao Zhan was captivated by the picture. The majestic creatures looked even more impressive with their wings spread out.

Wang Yibo proceeded to explain. “Do you know that seeing these rare birds is considered good luck, Xiao Zhan?” He then handed the phone over to Xiao Zhan so that he could take a closer look at the picture.

Xiao Zhan gazed at the picture with wonder and asked, "What makes the golden Pheasant a symbol of good fortune?"

Wang YiBo smiled genuinely and replied, "The golden pheasant is believed to bring good luck and prosperity due to its association with phoenixes. They are shy but highly intelligent and are said to enhance a person's unique abilities, helping them to achieve success.