Chapter 7: Relationship Scandal

Days passed, and Danielle kept on sending gifts after gifts. With some gifts being personal, like all versions of her albums, to clothes, to even Dior bags when she heard that Haerin had never even walked into a luxury shop before.

"What? You haven't had any luxury items?" Danielle asked in disbelief on one of her daily calls with Haerin. Each day, each morning and each night, they would call each other just to catch up on their lives. Sure, both of them had feelings for each other, but Haerin wasn't ready to take the next step, at least not yet, and Danielle respects that. She was going to let Haerin take all the time she needed.

"They're just too expensive," Haerin shook her head through her phone.

"Okay I'm buying one for you right now," Danielle said as she hovered over to the online store, before placing an order.

"Hey! You don't have to do it, it's so expensive," Haerin said as she looked at the serious Danielle, who took out her credit card, keying her information into the website.

"I can't have you be my girl not have any luxury items," Danielle remarked.

Haerin smirked, hearing Danielle call her "my girl", "When was I "your girl?"" Haerin smirked teasingly.

"Sorry, I meant..." Danielle choked as she fumbled for words.

"I'm joking Dani, when did I say I didn't like it," Haerin replied.

Danielle's smile became even wider, "So...?" She asked hopefully.

"I'm your girl," Haerin obeyed as she chuckled to herself, it was nice to have these calls daily with Danielle, it made her feel like she was part of her idol's busy life.

Danielle laughed along as well, satisfied before telling Haerin, "I need to go to work now, I have a fan call to attend to later."

Haerin sighed, "Aww, don't go falling in love with your fans, I know you have a habit of doing that."

"How can I fall in love with anyone else but you?" Danielle joked rhetorically before hanging up.

Another few days have passed, strangely, Danielle have been getting more and more busy, less phone calls with Haerin, and the gifts weren't send daily or with that much care and love put into the packaging anymore.

One morning, Hanni knocked on the Haerin's door in the morning, causing Haerin to jump up from her bed. "Hey Haerin..."

"What do you want?" Haerin groaned as she looked at the smaller girl.

"Have you seen this?" Hanni asked, showing her phone to Haerin.

It wrote: Danielle Marsh caught dating a male idol?

The title made Haerin jump out of her skin in jealousy as chickenpox started to form on her arms.

Local news! Danielle Marsh apparently caught and seen on a date with a male idol! The two were enjoying a cup of coffee together as they kissed in public!

Haerin could not believe what she was seeing, below was a picture of Danielle leaning in to kiss the male idol's cheeks.

"So uh... any updates from Danielle?" Hanni asked hopefully.

Haerin scrambled for her phone as she snatched it off her table, before seeing that Danielle didn't even contact her yesterday night, which was out of character for the idol.

"No..." Haerin muttered as she quickly sent a screenshot of the news to Danielle: Explain?

Hours have passed, still no response from Danielle. Would it be possible that Danielle has already found someone else and moved on from her? No. She thought to herself. That's impossible.

She paced around her room as she started thinking about the picture, the feeling of jealousy overwhelmed her as she started to throw punches at the tomato frog plushy that Danielle gifted to her several days ago, before it came Danielle's soft, comforting voice again, singing to Haerin as Haerin listened like a newborn listening to a nursery rhyme.

She started to tear up, thinking of how she squandered her chance with her celebrity crush as she buried her face into the plushy, crying her eyes out, imagining how Danielle and the male idol are probably enjoying their company in each other's arms, kissing and hugging.

Author's Note: Sorry for missing one day of update, I had a headache yesterday, istg I'm not getting enough sleep cuz of those damn tiktok edits of Minji that I watch at 12am cuz they're SO GOOD.

Please vote for the story if you enjoyed it (and want Daerin to get together ASAP) as it will help me push the story out to more people :D Thank you!