Chapter 23: Marry Me?

Danielle hurried towards her secret hide-out, the secluded and lonely but beautiful treehouse in the middle of nowhere that she had shown Haerin and been there with Haerin multiple times before.

Ever since they made their relationship official, Haerin always insisted in going back to the treehouse where they had their first kiss every week, just to hang out and relax, she said it reminds her of her first kiss with Danielle, and how the whole relationship started.

Danielle knew that this was her favourite spot, and if Haerin had anywhere to be, she would definitely be at where their whole relationship started.

Danielle knocked on the door, with her hand clenched in her pocket, she had brought this item around, and was waiting for the perfect moment to surprise Haerin.

No response.

Danielle knocked again, louder this time. Still nothing.

She decided not to go in first but to head towards the window and peak inside. There Haerin was, on the dining table with her head plopped down and her back slouched against the chair, her arms in front of her face as her body movement clearly shows what she was doing. Crying her eyes out.

Danielle slowly went back towards the door before taking a deep breath, she knew it was going to take a lot of effort to win back Haerin after she broke her heart (again), even though it was just an act to please her father.

"Hey Kitty Cat," Danielle whispered, gaining Haerin's attention as the crying beauty turned her head towards the sound.

"Why are you here?" Haerin muttered, not angry, just sad.

"Haerin, everything I said, it's not true okay? I was just playing pretend so my father doesn't release those pictures to the media," Danielle started gripping both of Haerin's hands and throwing them around while explaining. "If I needed to choose, it will always be you over my career, without a single doubt."

"So... you still love me?" Haerin asked hopefully, wiping away her tears.

"Of course! I will love you now, I loved you before, and I will love you until death! Even after death! Haerin, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me, and being with you made me feel so special. If I had to choose spending the rest of my life with anyone, it would be you Kitty Cat," Danielle smiled in her signature sunshine grin.

Haerin looked at Danielle's eyes and smile as she felt butterflies in her stomach all over again, melting over the girl. Her saddened and teary eyes turned hopeful again, before it were filled with disappointment and distrust again, the same feeling she felt when she saw Danielle with the male idol, why was it always her that was sad? Why did she always become victim of Danielle's dad's doings? Does she not deserve to be happy in this relationship as well? Should she end it all right now and move on?

All of these thoughts rummage through her mind as she asked, "How can I trust you?"

Danielle suddenly had a glint in her eye as she took out a red, feathery shaped box from her pocket and started to kneel down. Haerin widened her eyes in shock, was Danielle... was Danielle really going to do what she think she is going to do right now?

Danielle use her finger to plop open the box, to reveal a big, platinum ring with diamond crystals decorated on the exterior. It was beautiful, shiny, and every word to describe how perfect it was. Haerin couldn't believe her eyes. This looked like a ring straight from a fairytale, a ring every princess gotten from their prince charming, and she was about to get proposed by hers.

Danielle looked up at Haerin, who was still flabbergasted and remained shock in her seat staring down at her, "Haerin, I know words isn't going to properly convey how much I love you, so I hope my actions will. I know our relationship isn't the typical love story, you don't hear celebrities falling in love with their fan everyday, and you definitely don't hear people proposing after meeting for a year. But I hate to see how much you have to go through and sacrifice just to be with me. But perhaps, it's all the things we've been through together that made me realise that you are the one that was meant for me. I never could imagine that I would end up dating a fan, let alone date one, but you made me change my whole perspective. So I hope, that you will accept my proposal, and be mine. My whole heart belongs to you, Kang Haerin, now and forever. Will you marry me?"

Haerin couldn't contain her excitement as she nodded frantically, "Yes Danielle! I will!"

Danielle chuckled at the girl's cuteness and slid the ring on her ring finger, the luxurious amount of jewelry perfectly imminent the aura of her feline girlfriend.

"It fits perfectly," Haerin sighed in relief.

"Of course, it's only meant to be worn by you," Danielle rested her head on Haerin's forehead before their chin got nearer and closer before embracing each other in their warm lips.

Haerin was the one who let go,  making Danielle shocked.

"Why? I wanted more," Danielle asked confusedly.

"You need to wait for the wedding," Haerin flirted as she shot a wink at Danielle, before turning around cutely and admiring the shiny object on her finger in awe.

"You're so cute," Danielle said as she looked at the girl, "But so annoying! Come here! I wanna kiss my fiancé!"

Author's Note: Are you guys ready for their marriage? Please stay tuned!

Please vote for the story if you enjoyed it as it will really help me push the story out to more people :D Thank you!