Chapter 30: Jealousy

"Hey," Hyunwook waved at Haerin. "Come sit with us!" He gestured to their table, where Haerin politely obliged and sat down.

"So, what did you do with Danielle yesterday night?" Heesoo smirked. But before she can answer, Hyunwook slapped her hand.

"That's not appropriate," Hyunwook reprimanded, "Haerin shouldn't have to reveal about her... life at night with Danielle."

Heesoo rolled her eyes, "I was just curious how married people are. You're no fun Hyunwook, you and your little crush on Kang Haerin."

"I do not have a crush on her!" Hyunwook immediately defended himself, but the colour of his face would say otherwise.

Heesoo laughed before eating her lunch, "Yea yea lover boy."

Hyunwook instantly looked at Haerin, who was staring at the two wide-eyed. "Heesoo is always like this, spreading fake rumours, don't believe her Haerin."

Haerin nodded awkwardly, before diverting her attention to her metal plate of rice.

Mid-way Heesoo asked, "So Haerin, I read there's a lot of trolls on the internet, have you encountered any after going public with Danielle on your marriage?"

Haerin looked up, still with a mouthful of rice, "Yea, there's even someone who took a picture of me with Hyunwook in school and said they would publish it on the media. I'm still trying to figure out who they are."

"I'm sure that photo of you and Hyunwook is nothing," Heesoo added.

Haerin just smiled unsured. She had been trying all morning to find out who was the culprit, but the culprit was very good at hiding themselves.

"I'll walk you home," Hyunwook volunteered, "To protect you from that person."

"Stalker," Heesoo commented, "You're just trying to know where she lives."

Haerin denied to offer, "It's okay, I can walk home myself, it's no big deal."

Hyunwook stood up and flex his biceps, "I don't go to the gym for nothing. I'm going to protect pre- I mean girls like you from weirdos."

"I'm pretty sure the weirdo is you," Heesoo teased, before leaving the table to return the plate of food that she had just finished.

"Okay," Haerin said, "If you insist."

Heesoo came back before Haerin's phone buzzed again. There was another picture, where Hyunwook and Haerin was standing talking to each other.

The picture must be taken just now because only then were they in a deep conversation like that. Haerin looked around frantically, trying to spot out anybody using a phone.

"What's up girl?" Heesoo asked concernedly, before starting to look around as well.

Haerin shoved the phone to Heesoo's hand, before going up to question one of the other boys who were laughing at a phone collectively.

Haerin pulled them apart as she snatched the phone out of their hands, before realising they were watching Le Serrafim's variety show on YouTube.

"What's up with you?" One boy with glasses asked, looking up at down at Haerin judgingly.

"Hey isn't this the girl Danielle married? She isn't all that," Another boy said.

Haerin apologised before handing over their phone. It was like everyone had picked up their phone now. The time that she had wasted questioning the boys have definitely let the culprit to escape once again.

Haerin stomped her feet on the ground furiously, creating a loud bang that echoed through the cafeteria.

After school, Haerin and Hyunwook walked back home.

Suddenly, Haerin's phone buzzed again. At this point, she knew what it was. Without checking the message, she turned around, only to find an empty street with no one behind them.

She took out her phone, and surely, her suspicions were true. Another photo with her and Hyunwook.

Hyunwook tiptoed and took a peek at Haerin's phone before going into a stance dramatically, threatening to fight anyone and everyone that came close to Haerin.

"Ease up," Haerin said, "They probably ran away already."

Hyunwook shook his head, "This is messed up."

Haerin shrugged, she can't say she didn't expect this type of behaviour after Danielle announced her marriage with her. This was just one of the things she had to compromise for her idol fantasy.

As Hyunwook walked Haerin back home, some fangirls started crowding around Haerin.

"OMG! Are you Danielle's wife? Can I get a selfie?" One of the girl asked, jumping up and down around them.

"Is this your boyfriend? Are you cheating on your wife?" Another girl asked, waving her phone crazily around Haerin, trying to capture the "evidence".

Hyunwook immediately pushed the girls away, "I'm her bodyguard," as he started to flex his body.

Haerin smiled and agreed to the selfie, she had expected that her marriage would gain her some attention from the public, but not national fame where anyone would ask to take a photo with her. She had thought that this would be an only chance, and to live out her dream of being an idol, so she said yes and posed for the picture.

"Thank you so much! You're so pretty!" They all said before squealing and leaving.

When Haerin reached home, Hyunwook twirled awkwardly at the door while Haerin fiddled with her key, trying to open the lock.

At that moment, the door opened by itself.

Shocked to see that, Haerin looked up, before seeing Danielle at her home, looking bewildered that someone had came to their home with Haerin.

"Who's this?" Danielle asked, with a clear tone of jealousy in her voice.

"He's a friend from school," Haerin introduced the two, "Hyunwook, this is Danielle. Danielle this is Hyunwook."

Danielle faked a smile, "Nice to meet you."

If Haerin was not her wife, she would've believed that she was being sincere.

"What are you doing with Haerin?" Danielle asked suspiciously.

Hyunwook tried to explain, "Well, there's some sta-" before getting rudely cut off by Haerin's kick.

"He's like my bodyguard," Haerin said, "He volunteered."

"If you want a bodyguard you can ask me, I have a lot in my disposal," Danielle quickly brought it up, before getting shot down by Haerin.

"No need, it's good having a friend to walk you home," Haerin said, before waving goodbye to Hyunsook.

"Bye Haerin, see you tomorrow in school," He said, before skipping away.

Danielle rolled her eyes to the wall, not letting him see her out-of-character behaviour before slamming the door shut.

"I don't want you seeing him ever again," Danielle declared as she snatched onto Haerin's wrist, gripping it tightly.

Author's Note: Who do you think the stalker is?

Please vote for the story if you enjoyed it as it will really help me push the story out to more people :D Thank you!