Chapter 35: The Apologies

Author's Note: If you haven't read my modified version of my previous chapter, please do because I forgot to include a plot point (sorry lol) so there might be a few surprises in stall that doesn't really make sense to you. Thank you.

As they rushed Hyunwook to the hospital in their car, the whole vehicle was filled with nothing but silence, and Hyunwook's occasional moan and groan at the back seat.

The two girls heftily dragged Hyunwook out of the car before a couple of strangers offered to help them bring the heavy guy up for him to get treatment.

As they waited for results in the waiting room, both of them were just scrolling on their phone. Ever since they met, it has never been so awkward.

"Are you Danielle?" A patient, connected to a metal poll, asked.

"I am, hey," Danielle replied, a bit unenergetic due to their untimely situation.

"Can I get a picture with you?" The patient asked.

Danielle denied, "Sorry, I'm having a bad day, I don't really feel like it, I hope you can understand."

But the patient, not taking no for an answer, pressed up, "Please, can you see I'm sick?" Trying to guilt trip the idol.

That was when Haerin, who was overhearing the whole conversation, stepped in, annoyed that the patient was overstepping their boundaries, "Did you hear her? Go!" She fumed.

The scary part of Haerin frighted the patient as they left in a hurry.

"Thanks..." Danielle said, still not looking at Haerin.

"So... about yesterday night," Haerin tried to address the elephant in the room. "I'm really sorry princess... I know this all isn't your fault, and I should've expected all of this when I married you. I guess... I just needed to vent, but I took it all on you."

Danielle turned her head, looking at Haerin's side profile. Apparently, Haerin was too shy to look Danielle in the eye while apologising as well.

Danielle guided Haerin's face and faced her with her finger pushing her chin, "I'm sorry as well. I should've been understanding and checked up on you. I never realised, or I never could have imagine the level of hate people would be giving to you and your family. I never wanted anyone, especially Hyein, to have gone through this as well."

Haerin nodded, "And I forgive you."

Danielle smiled, "Me too." She said before she leaned in and gave a pack to Haerin. Public display of affection isn't really her thing, especially being a idol, she hated the spotlight and coverage being all on her. But at this moment, she had no doubt what she wanted to do, she didn't care if anyone or everyone saw her and Haerin kissing in broad daylight, all it mattered, was Haerin's happiness.

As they slowly let go, Haerin's nervous giggle came out of her again as she looked away, flustered.

As Haerin looked anywhere but at her wife, she saw someone leaving Hyunwook's room, where he was being closely monitored.

The person, in a black hoodie, black sunglasses, black joggers, basically covered in black, quietly snuck out of the room.

"Hey," Haerin yelped for her wife, "Did you see that?" Pointing at Hyunwook's room.

"See what?" Danielle asked, confused.

"A person just came out of Hyunwook's room, and I'm sure they're not a nurse or a doctor," Haerin replied, going up to check in on Hyunwook.

As they open the door, they stood there, wide-eyed, shocked at what they saw.

Author's Note: Who do you think is the black-clothed person?

Please vote for the chapter if you enjoyed it as it will really help me push the story out to more people :D Thank you!