Chapter 43: It's All Over

"I hereby sentence the both of you to 10 years in jail for defamation and violence," The judge announced as he smashed his hammer, the sound reverberating through the halls.

"What! No!" Heesoo screamed as she resisted against the guards. But at last, she was forced away.

Haerin and Danielle hugged each other before turning to thank their lawyer.

"Thank you," Danielle smiled.

"Really, thank you for everything," Haerin repeated, "I'm glad this is over."

The lawyer smiled back, before organising his documents and packing up,  leaving the courtroom.

The other lawyer smugged at the relieved couple before turning away in shame and defeat.

"Does this mean you will get your job back?" Haerin asked hopefully, looking up slightly to her puppy-like girlfriend, who was beaming with happiness.

Danielle nodded half-heartedly, "I hope so!"

As they left the courtroom, a familiar man was standing with his arms crossed, leaned against the door.

"Ms. Marsh!" He said, clapping, "I have been waiting for you."

It was her agency's boss.

"I am delighted to hear that you have won your case," He said, "I'm here to congratulate you."

Danielle bowed slightly, "Does that mean...?"

"Unfortunately," He said, dipping his head slightly to face to ground, "I am unable to offer you another spot in our company, due to the unnerasable reputation you have created upon yourself."

"That's not fair!" Haerin declared,  turning redder every second. "She was innocent! You heard it yourself!"

He smiled, "Yes. But the public's perception will never change. I'm sorry Danielle. I wish you all the best."

That was it.

He left.

The two looked at his silhouette, slowing fading and disappearing every step he took. They won the case, but did they actually win anything back?

Minji was there beside them now, with her hands intertwined with Hanni's, "It's all right. With the name you created for yourself, I bet some other, better agency will come and swoop you right up."

Danielle smudged her lips as she suddenly had an idea.

"I got it!" She announced, putting her index finger up in the air.

Everyone looked at her curiously.

"I will create my own k-pop group! Minji, you told me k-pop as a career isn't paying you well enough right. Well, I bet I can get my dad to fund our project, and I'll share the profit evenly with you!" She patted her back. "You in?"

"Are you serious?" Minji was baffled. This idea sounded ridiculous, but plausible.

"Yep! 100%" She answered, she then turned to her wife, "Haerin. I know people are always talking about you not being an idol and dating one, so this will give you the perfect opportunity to prove those haters wrong!"

Haerin was speechless, did her wife just invite her to be in the same kpop group as her?

"And how can I forgot cute Hanni and Hyein," Danielle grinned, pinching each of their cheeks with her 2 hands, "You cuties! Wanna join?"

"And be a kpop idol? I'm in!" Hyein jumped up and down while simultaneously screaming "Yipee!"

Hanni just politely smiled and rest her face on Minji's tall shoulders, which Minji replied with a head-pat.

"Well I guess we got ourself a kpop group now," Danielle sighed. "What should we name ourselves?"

Haerin jumped in, "What about... Newjeans?"

"I like that," Danielle agreed, "Newjeans..."

Everyone nodded, it was a new chapter for all of them.

Author's Note: 2 more chapters to go! Hopefully you guys liked this decision for me to put all of them in a group! And sry for the infrequent update cuz school :(

Please vote for the chapter if you enjoyed it as it will really help me push the story out to more people :D Thank you!