Chapter 21: Goodbye Daerin

"Hey Dani! Why are you..." Haerin looked around, only to see Danielle sitting with her father, in the same room that they escaped from a year again.

"Haerin, please sit," Danielle instructed her kindly, but the pain in her voice was already telling her something bad was going to happen.

"So would you like to break the news to her or would you like me to do it?" Danielle's father chirped in a smirked maliciously.

"Haerin... This past year, it's been fun. You made me feel special, like I belong to you. But heaven forbids, we don't belong together. You were right, we are people of two worlds, maybe, just maybe, in another lifetime, I would be able to love you properly. But this is goodbye Kitty, I'm sorry," Danielle said, facing Haerin.

As Haerin listen to what Danielle had to say, the sudden break-up made her confused. Danielle was being all clingy in the morning, they even slept on the same bed yesterday, and now she's telling her she wants to break up? This must be one of her father's trick again. Whatever he had done, it must've been convincing enough to make Danielle want to break up with her on the spot.

"What have you done?" Haerin walked over to her father, ignoring his taller and bigger stature as she lifted his collar and shook his body. For a girl her size, her sudden gain of strength was really surprising.

"Nothing," He answered innocently, putting a finger on his temple, "I guess Danielle just realised how much of a burden you were to her career. Haven't you Danielle?"

Danielle didn't want to do it, but she nodded. She needed to play along, even if she liked it or not, her career was too much to risk for.

"No... It can't be, Danielle, you told me you love me yesterday..." Haerin muttered, her cat-like eyes now sparkling, filled with water.

"Kitty Cat,  it's best we don't see each other after this. I'll still love you, but we were just not meant for each other," Danielle comforted Haerin, putting her hand on her shoulder as Haerin buried her face on Danielle's chest, sobbing.

"Why?" Haerin complained, shoving fists and punches into Danielle, not it wasn't painful, Haerin still didn't want to hurt her. Her punches were more of a plead for her to stay, rather than an angry gesture.

Danielle lifting Haerin's crying face, which she stopped momentarily, and leaned in to kiss her.

The kiss was genuine, but not as passionate anymore.

They moulded their lips together one last time, two people born to be together, but separated by fate.

Perhaps destiny was too harsh on them, maybe they would be together in their next life.

Danielle finally uncupped Haerin's cheeks as she let go, saddened by the fact that she had to let her girlfriend for 1 year go. Even though 1 year may not seemed like a lot, it was like they have overcame ups and downs of having a relationship as special as theirs, none of them really wanted to separate from each other.

Danielle broke the silence after admiring Haerin's teary feline eyes, which were big and soft, as if begging for her not to do this. "Every time you think of me, remember this kiss. But we can't be more than a singer and her fan," She told her sweetly, before rubbing on Haerin's cheeks. Danielle's eyes started to fill up with water as well.

Haerin's heartbroken self started breaking out in tears even more after remembering this was the exact speech she had given to Danielle back at her treehouse when they first kissed.

"You'll always be my favourite fan, I hope you will still love me, because I will always love you my Kitty Cat," Danielle placed her head on Haerin's shoulders, stroking her back, telling her to stop crying.

"I'll always love you too, and I won't ever forget about this year together," Haerin stuttered between her occasional gasp for air from every nose sniff or hick-up from crying too much.

As they felt their intertwined hands slowly drift apart, Haerin said, "Goodbye Danielle."

Danielle smiled, was it weird that she didn't want to say it back? Haerin shook it off as her being overly sentimental about their relationship. Maybe Danielle wasn't serious about them afterall.

Haerin stared at her, before exiting the room, and leaving the building.

"Good job Danielle," her father now spoke, Danielle didn't even realise that her father was there because of the intimate moment between her and Haerin just now that it made her skin jump a bit. "I have arranged a marriage for you and another guy, he'll be coming soon, please," He pointed and waved his finger around Danielle's face, "Clean up so he won't see you in such a mess."

Danielle sniffed from her cries as she went to the toilet.

Please vote for the chapter if you enjoyed it as it will help me push the story out to more people :D Thank you!