C23

Chapter 23: WuYi enters the fog

The group wasn’t able to go far. They were surrounded by the thick fog Nana mentioned earlier. The vast expanse of whiteness made the group unable to see the road under their feet.

At that time, the sky was also gradually dimming. In order to prevent scattering and separating inside the fog, everyone decided to stay and rest at their current position, only hoping that the sunrise the next day could disperse the fog.

It puzzled Xiao WuYi and made him feel anxious. He had a gut feeling that his daddy was almost within reach but, unfortunately, he had no choice but to delay his journey because of the fog that suddenly rolled in.

He was so unhappy that oil bottles could be hung on his little mouth.

Wu Wenyu also felt a bit anxious but the more anxious she was at this time, the easier it was for something to go wrong, so she could only patiently comfort the young boy and also comfort herself at the same time.

“Be good. Let’s wait ‘til the fog clears up tomorrow morning. Let’s take advantage of the delay and take a good rest. First chance we get, we’ll enter the city in a flash.”

Hearing this, Xiao WuYi could only reluctantly breathe out a sigh bubble.

Soon, night came. Everyone gathered to eat something to fill their stomachs and took turns keeping watch. They sprinkled sulfur powder around their area to repel wild animals and snakes.

Being deep in the old forest of the mountains at night, one can hear each other’s breathing in the quiet. Rustling sounds would occasionally be heard from the grass and it would gratuitously add a bit of horror and strangeness to the night.

If it weren’t for everyone feeling the safety in numbers, staying in such an environment would’ve surely scared them out of their wits.

Everyone huddled close together. Even if they weren’t the ones to keep the night watch, they didn’t dare to actually sleep. Although these barren mountains and hills were sparsely populated, they were still worried that a zombie’s head would appear out of nowhere.

Thinking about that scene that was exactly like a clip from a horror movie, everyone became even more uneasy and restless. This situation ran counter to what Wu Wenyu said at the beginning.

In this pitch-black darkness where you were unable to see your own hands, everyone didn’t notice the fog around them getting thicker and thicker, completely unaware of the fact that there were a pair of eyes watching their each and every move in the dark.

As the fog grew thicker, everyone’s consciousness gradually became muddled. At that moment, the thick fog around the area suddenly turned into the head of a big ferocious tiger with orange and black markings.

The big tiger looked at the people who had already fallen fast asleep and noiselessly stepped forward. It was so hungry that its eyes glowed with a green light as it sniffed the smell in the air and accurately found the food inside everyone’s backpack. It bit through the packaging and began to wolf down the food.

The big tiger seemed to be very human and had no intention of hurting anyone at the camp. It just wanted to stuff itself and steal some food afterwards.

It turned the white mist around it into a huge pair of hands and towed the rest of the food, transporting it into the old forest deep in the mountain.

After finishing its raid, the big tiger was ready to leave through the fog. However, when it passed by Xiao WuYi, it suddenly smelled a hint of an inexplicably familiar taste.

It acted a split second after the thought. The big tiger brought the young boy back without further thought and carried him back to its old nest deep in the mountain.