C36

In the darkness of the night, the entire base was extremely quiet. The people in charge of night watch patrolled the walls of the base in groups.

A dark shadow quietly appeared on the balcony of Bai Mei’s bedroom. It appeared as if out of thin air, without anyone noticing it.

An intangible transparent cover enshrouded him, blocking all of the probing eyes from the surrounding area. Bai Mei walked into the transparent cover, and kneeled with one knee on the ground. He felt the heavy pressure coming from the man in black, and his cold sweat was flowing steadily in nervousness.

“My lord.”

Saath, dressed in a black robe, looked at the handsome man in front of him, his expression indifferent as usual. He stretched out a pale hand in preparation to dig out an ability core from Bai Mei’s brain.

However, before his fingertips could touch the forehead, he was interrupted by Bai Mei’s mouth.

“My lord, I… haven’t obtained an ability core yet.”

Bai Mei was perspiring cold sweat from head to toe as he actively admitted his mistake in an arduous tone. His head was bowed so low, he simply did not dare to lift it up.

Hearing this, Saath couldn’t help but raise his eyebrows, staring deeply at Bai Mei’s pretty face. Among the group of zombie kings who had awakened their consciousness, he was actually quite optimistic about Bai Mei’s aptitude.

But now, it seems that he will have to reassess his judgement.

Bai Mei felt the stillness from the man in black, and thought that his death was approaching. He closed his eyes as if resigning to fate, he waited for the other party to directly take away the crystal nucleus and ability core from his head.

However, at this moment, Saath’s quantum brain suddenly flickered, and when he raised his hand to look, he was thoroughly pleased by the news displayed inside.

Looking at Bai Mei who was still kneeling on the ground, Saath suddenly stretched out his fingers and lifted up Bai Mei’s pretty face. Seeing the other’s eyelashes that were trembling due to fear, the corner of Saath’s lip raised in delight. As if he was bestowing great mercy, he said, “I’ll leave you be for the time being, but I hope that by the next time I come, you can give me the ability cores that you owe me many times over.”

“Don’t waste your Zombie King qualifications. You have absorbed a lot of low-level crystal nuclei, you should be more skilled at controlling the zombie tide and urging low-level zombies to evolve. With such a small and tattered base, you can simply bring over a couple of zombie tides as you please, then harvest countless ability cores without anyone ever knowing.”

“So, what are you hesitating for?”

Hearing his sore point being called out, Bai Mei lowered his head, his eyes seemingly filled with struggle and glistening teardrops.

In the end, Bai Mei put his hand on his chest and raised his eyes to look at Saath. He pursed his lips and spoke in an arduous, raspy voice.

“I will do my best in the future.”

Saath glanced at Bai Mei’s pleasing face with satisfaction. “Remember what you said.”

“I won’t be coming here for a while. I hope you won’t let me down again.”

After saying this, Saath’s figure disappeared into thin air, and three dark green glass tubes were left on the ground where he stood.

Bai Mei’s knees softened, and he sat completely paralyzed on the ground, staring blankly at the three dark green glass potions on the ground, his eyes empty. It was unknown what was going through his mind.