C57

Xiangyang Elementary School, a vibrant public elementary school in the city that used to see children bouncing and hopping about every day, has now become a temporary stronghold for survivors of the apocalypse to barely shelter themselves. When the apocalypse broke out, this elementary school was still in a closed state and had not yet opened for the new term. The high walls blocked most of the zombies so the facilities in the school remained relatively intact.

The rumbling of truck engines reverberated across the narrow road in front of Xiangyang Primary School, attracting onlooker zombies in the vicinity to come over, but they were easily cleaned up by Nie Xiao and the others.

Wei Hanming, Bai Yue, and the rest heard the sound of trucks driving from a distance and gathered at the reinforced iron gate at the entrance of the school early on. Soon, through the gap on the iron gate, they saw several military green pickup trucks stop in front of the school.

At that moment, everyone got excited and started chattering continuously.

“It seems to be a military truck? Could this be the troops stationed in Haicheng!!!?”

“Don’t worry about so much first!! Open the door quickly!!!”

“Ah ah ah, are we going to be saved!!?”

……

Feng Dao and Feng Qiang jumped out of the vehicle first. Everyone in the school was thrilled once again when they saw the familiar faces. Feng Dao told everyone not to block the school gate, “All of you scatter quickly and let the trucks go in!!!”

With the road unobstructed, Nie Xiao and the others’ trucks were able to drive into the school one after another, and the school gate was locked again.

Tang Youshan’s party was very surprised when they saw the scene inside the school. They didn’t expect that there was a small base of this size in the city center. They haven’t seen this many people in a long time, and they suddenly felt a sense of cordiality and elation. People are gregarious animals. Although they have hidden in the villages in the outskirts, self-sufficient, they would inevitably feel lonely after being devoid of company for so long.

Nie Xiao and the others, who were two steps behind, also jumped out of the car, and the jabbering voices around them immediately fell incessantly on their ears. Although it seemed a bit lively and noisy, it didn’t make people feel fed up with it.

Dr. Wei Hanming saw Nie Xiao’s group, who was leading in an extraordinary manner and hurriedly stepped forward from behind the crowd to welcome them. However, before his words of inquiry were spoken, a wind-like figure dashed out first, accompanied by an excited, quavering shout.

“Brother!!!!—”

Before Bai Mei could make any mental preparations, he was hugged tightly by Bai Yue who suddenly rushed over. He then felt the tepid dampness brought by the other party on his neck. The slightly trembling body made Bai Mei truly feel the happiness and concern coming from his younger brother which unavoidably gave rise to emotions in his heart.

With his eyes lowered slightly, Bai Mei stretched out a hand and silently squeezed Bai Yue’s neck. His eyes seemed to uncontrollably redden faintly as he hoarsely called his brother’s name.

A genius boy who was not much shorter in height buried his head in his elder brother’s chest. For the first time in so many days, such a fragile posture appeared in Wei Hanming and the other’s eyes which made them feel slightly astonished. All along, Bai Yue had been giving them the impression of being sunny, cheerful, and reliable. Although he was young, he had been actively encouraging the people around him.

The wisdom and ability of a genius as well as a calmness not inferior to that of adults’ have long made them forget that the other party was merely a sixteen-year-old boy.