C42

When the sun rose early the next morning, Nie Xiao and the others simply grabbed a bite and then continued to drive forward.

That morning, Xiao WuYi didn’t get enough sleep so he shrank into Nie Xiao’s pocket and continued to sleep in the form of a little hamster, adorably clinging to the edge of the pocket.

Ning Feng looked on in envy for a while; he was also eager to sleep in.

“The suspension bridge is up ahead.”

Duan Wenyu looked down at the map in his hand, pushed the glasses up the bridge of his nose, then raised his head and said, “We’ll be in Mingcheng after crossing the bridge. But, we still don’t know where Wu Qingfeng and his team are right now.”

Xie Jun, who sat in the driver’s seat, holding the steering wheel and looking at the roadside out of the corner of his eyes, spoke, “They’re coming from the capital which is quite far away. They should be a little later than us, but it should be no more than a day or two’s time. If we arrive there ahead of schedule, we can just think about how to cross the sea.”

Nie Xiao, who was sitting in the rear compartment, was listening to the conversation between Duan Wenyu and the others.

Nie Xiao looked down at the little hamster in his pocket and then suggested to everyone, “Perhaps, we can speed up a little bit more. Although the zombies will become more active when it’s dark, we can still continue on the road.”

As far as their combat effectiveness was concerned, driving in the dark was not a big problem.

Xiao Yan nodded in agreement as she heard this, but couldn’t help but look at the road outside, saying, “Not to mention we’re also very lucky for not having met even a few high-level zombies along the way.”

“That seems to be true indeed.”

Ning Feng thought about it carefully and was also quietly surprised. Then he stroked his chin and surmised, “It may also be due to our high-speed driving. We don’t have that many people in the first place, and generally, high-level zombies are more likely to appear in the center of a city.”

“Maybe.” Xie Jun nodded in agreement.

Bai Mei listened to everyone’s discussion in silence. With a shallow smile, he deeply hid his merit and name.

The little hamster soon woke up after sleeping in Nie Xiao’s pocket for a while. He then took out a big strawberry from the space for breakfast, held it in his arms, and nibbled at it with a happy face.

Ning Feng stared in shock. “Why do you still have fresh strawberries stored up!!!”

Nie Xiao looked down at the little hamster’s cute chewing appearance and suddenly laughed.

There were some strawberry seeds mixed with the seeds he collected near the base before. They have only been planted in the space for several days and there weren’t many strawberries, but it makes the little guy extremely happy nonetheless.

Every time he eats, he would change back to his little dumpling form. In order for the strawberry to be eaten for a long time, Baby has to resemble it.

The little hamster saw Ning Feng’s eager appearance and somewhat begrudgingly held his strawberry, innocently looking back at Ning Feng.

“Chi!” Baby doesn’t have any more.

Ning Feng didn’t need an interpreter at this time. With a face full of disbelief, he said, “You’re lying, there must be more!!!”

The little hamster’s small face immediately wrinkled into a bun, and he finally looked at everyone. He knew that eating alone was not good, so he could only painfully push his soft cheeks with his claws and give two strawberries per person.