C45

Night passed.

Almost all survivors in the world have discovered a very serious problem. That is, among the zombies’ ranks, animals that have never been seen before suddenly started emerging.

The lethality of these animal zombies was far greater than that of human zombies. Cockroaches, mice, ants, spiders, and so on, as well as insect zombies, appeared one after another, making it difficult for anyone to defend. If they were accidentally bitten, they would be infected and turn into zombies. At the same time, because the wound is infinitesimal, it cannot be noticed immediately.

As soon as Nie Xiao’s team woke up, they found a dense layer of zombie insects attached to the window’s glass. When they crawled past, they would make tooth itching rustling noises.

Looking at these bugs, the little hamster felt a loathing coming from the very bottom of his heart. He hid in Nie Xiao’s pocket. “Daddy, they’re so disgusting!”

Watching this scene, Ning Feng couldn’t help his scalp from tingling. He burned them clean faster than his mind could think, resulting in a lot of fine fragments of mini-crystal nuclei to fall on the ground.

Faced with such zombie insects, everyone’s expressions looked ugly, and almost tacitly, they began to worry about the situation in the base.

Duan Wenyu couldn’t help but say with an awful face, “These insects will bore through places where they smell the presence of living people. The walls around the base won’t be able to stop them at all. There’s practically no hole they can’t enter.”

Ning Feng madly clutched his hair. “Then what should be done with these bugs!! The majority of the base’s occupants consist of ordinary people.”

“Fuck, it really became annoying this time.”

Nie Xiao’s face was also heavily scrunched up at this time.

However, no matter how worried they were about home, there was no turning back at this moment. Even if they do go back, it wouldn’t make much of a difference in this situation.

What they should focus on right now is rescuing those scientists as soon as possible. Solving the zombie virus is the only way to resolve all these problems once and for all.

“We’ll continue our journey.” Nie Xiao raised his hand and wiped his face, then solemnly looked at Haicheng’s direction with a resolute gaze.

Xie Jun took a deep breath, comforting everyone and comforting himself at the same time, “There’s still Xiao Yu in the base. Her ability is very powerful; it can definitely protect everyone.”

Thinking of Wu Wenyu, Wu Wenqi, and the others, Nie Xiao’s team’s expressions slightly relaxed.

“Yes, we must have confidence in them.”

***

At that very moment.

In the distant WuYi Base in Fengcheng.

Early in the morning, Wu Wenqi and the others were overwhelmed by the sudden uproar in the base, along with the sudden appearance of zombies inside that caught everyone off guard.

Although the zombies that popped up were quickly dealt with and didn’t cause a larger area of casualties and infections, the entire base had begun to panic.

No one knew if they would be bitten by a zombie insect that would suddenly appear while they’re sleeping, walking, or resting.

At the base’s center, in the villa district.

Wu Wenqi stretched out his hand and wiped his face. With a somewhat ugly expression on his face, he told the subordinates next to him, “First, notify everyone to wear long shirts and trousers as much as possible and tighten their socks’ cuffs to reduce skin exposure, and to also close their doors and windows during day and night. Then organize personnel to distribute and make mosquito nets. In short, start with the preventive measures first.”