C38

Early the next morning, everyone saw Xie Jun walking out of his room with a pair of panda eyes. His devastated, miserable appearance caused everyone to laugh very unkindly as playful glances were exchanged between him and Wu Wenyu fleetingly.

Wu Wenqi was like an old father protecting his daughter as his ferocious gaze fixed rigidly on Xie Jun. It caused everyone to start laughing again.

In order to prevent Wu Wenqi from exploding again, Xie Jun and Wu Wenyu could be said to have been well-behaved in the face of their parting.

After a brief farewell, Nie Xiao’s party set foot on the road to Haicheng under everyone’s gazes.

“Have a safe journey!!”

“You have to come back quickly!!!”

***

At this very moment, the other side was also on their way to Haicheng. Wu Qingfeng and the others were looking at the kid Mo Ye who suddenly appeared in the vehicle, only to feel a headache coming!

Currently, they were already tens of thousands of miles away from the capital base, and it was absolutely impossible to send the child back. They could only pinch their noses and admit their fate of taking an extra along.

Little kid Mo Ye, who had been hungry all night, was gnawing on the compressed biscuits in his hands while comforting the uncles and brothers in the car, “I’m also very amazing. I won’t slow you down. Plus, I also eat less.”

Wu Qingfeng and the others: “…”

Ah, it’s too difficult for us!

***

According to their interactions and arrangement of plans through the communication device, Nie Xiao’s team would be rendezvousing Wu Qingfeng and Luo Yunhai’s at Haicheng Strait.

Their two forces were taking two separate paths, and after meeting, they would cross the sea to Haicheng together.

Nie Xiao’s team were all sitting in the same truck, speedily advancing without stops along the established route.

There were (only) nine people on this trip, including the big tiger. Everyone was an ability user, and one of them could even stand against a hundred zombies. Because they were small in number, they all stayed in the same big truck that had more than enough space. 

Xiao WuYi was currently in his little hamster form, lying comfortably on the soft, warm belly of the big tiger. The bumps on the road didn’t affect him at all, and he slept deeply without a care for the world, which was nothing but beautiful.

When Ning Feng and the others saw it, there was nothing they could do but envy. They could only pass the time by playing single-player games on their phones. When their cell phone would almost be out of power, they would simply plug one end of the charger into Nie Xiao’s hand.

“Boss, help me charge up!”

Nie Xiao looked at the charger head in his hand and helplessly resigned to his fate. Soon after, the sizzling electric current flowed through from him, causing the dead cell phone to run again.

Upon seeing this, Jiang Qiu was unwilling to be outdone and also inserted his charger between Nie Xiao’s fingers, clicking his tongue and sighing. “This is really convenient!”

Nie Xiao with the corner of his mouth twitching: “…”

At first glance, this group of people didn’t seem like they were on a journey taking risks, but more like on a vacation.

At that time, Xie Jun and Duan Wenyu sitting at the driver’s seat in front suddenly spoke. The road ahead was suddenly blocked by a horde of zombies.

“Stop playing with your phones and work!”