C63

At that very moment.

Bai Yue stayed in the villa, fidgety and anxiously pacing back and forth while looking outside of the villa from time to time. He tried to rush out several times, but he was forcibly pulled back by Wu Qingfeng. Bai Yue’s plan was thwarted and he became frustrated. He only felt that he was extremely incompetent at the moment. Something was happening to his brother, yet he could only stay here and be protected.

Finally, noises were heard outside the villa.

Nie Xiao and the others walked in through the door with gloomy, heavy expressions. Bai Yue hurriedly went to meet them, but he couldn’t find his brother after looking around. “Where’s my brother?”

Hearing his younger brother’s voice, Bai Mei shrank and hid himself behind Luo Yunhai in fear. He lowered his head deeply, unwilling to expose his appearance.

Bai Yue seemed to sense something. He raised his eyes and looked towards Luo Yunhai. He saw the familiar hem of clothes peeking out behind the latter and walked over. He finally let out a sigh of relief in his heart and chided, “Brother, you finally came back. Why did you run around all of a sudden…”

His words abruptly came to a halt. Under the moonlight, Bai Yue eventually saw his brother’s appearance. He was completely rooted in place, and the rims of his eyes immediately flushed red.

“…Brother?”

“Don’t look at me!” Bai Mei covered his head in panic. With cheeks smeared with tears and  nowhere to hide, he curled up and squatted on the ground. The fact that such a proud and beautiful person had become so vulnerable and so self-abased made Luo Yunhai’s heart squeeze in distress, and he also squatted down to hold Bai Mei in his arms.

“It’s okay, don’t be afraid, don’t cry!”

Seeing his elder brother’s appearance, Bai Yue also broke down and shed tears. He turned to look at Nie Xiao and the others. While clutching at his hair, his lips trembling, he roared, “What the hell is going on? Didn’t you guys protect my brother just now! Why did he become a zombie when he came back ahhh!”

Confronted with Bai Yue’s accusation, Nie Xiao and their hearts felt heavy and filled with grief. Bai Yue couldn’t be blamed for misunderstanding. After all, no one could look on unfeelingly and keep calm after seeing their loved ones change.

Bai Yue turned back, pushed Luo Yunhai away, and rushed to hug Bai Mei’s shaking body. A warm white light instantly enveloped Bai Mei as he tried to cure his brother with his healing ability. Bai Yue stroked Bai Mei’s face with his slightly trembling hands, lightly tracing it as if he were treating a rare treasure.

“Brother, don’t be afraid. No matter what you become, I will not turn my back on you. I will definitely cure you!” Bai Yue pressed his warm cheek against Bai Mei’s palm that was void of temperature, tears streaming down his face.

Bai Mei stared at his younger brother in a daze, with tears continuously falling as if there were no end to it, his lips slightly trembling. “Little Yue…”

Two very similar faces showed an extreme sense of contradiction at that moment. They were totally different from each other, yet both so beautiful, carrying the utmost intense sorrow. The dark night was illuminated by the light of Bai Yue’s healing ability, almost resembling daylight.

Seeing this scene, everyone in the room felt sad and couldn’t bear to look again a second time; their eyes were moist and red. Luo Yunhai also shed bottled-up tears in distress. He clenched his jaw and let out a stifled sad groan.

But then at that moment, a miracle happened.

As Bai Yue’s healing ability was depleted, Bai Mei’s appearance eventually changed: all his skin and teeth began to regain vitality once more. It was like divine magic.