C75

Old Chief Xia really hadn’t expected Nie Xiao and WuYi to come as soon as they had said they would. They had obviously only received the message from WuYi Base last night.

This speed was truly inconceivable.

Nie Xiao hadn’t seen Old Chief Xia for a long time since they’d parted last time. Seeing the person hurriedly approaching, he immediately greeted him respectfully, “Chief Xia!”

After a long time had passed, Old Chief Xia’s sideburns had become more grizzled, but his face was ruddy and his complexion was good; even his posture showed how fairly healthy he was. Seeing Nie Xiao, he couldn’t help but stretch out his hand to heavily pat the other’s back and say “good” several times with a smile on his lips.

“Good child, let’s go to the house quickly and talk. You came by plane again!? I thought I would have to wait a few days to see you!” Old Chief Xia was very happy and excited to see Nie Xiao.

Seeing Nie Xiao’s respectful attitude, Xiao WuYi imitated him and also obediently yelled, “Hello, Grandpa Chief!”

Old Chief Xia then noticed the fair and pure young man. He was taken aback, but he soon laughed and lovingly said, “This should be WuYi. Seeing is indeed believing. He’s a good boy as expected!”

He had seen all kinds of people at such an old age, but he had never seen such clear and limpid eyes like the youth’s before or after the apocalypse. It was said that the eyes were the windows of the soul, and the other party’s pure and sincere character could be seen at a glance.

Old Chief Xia examined Xiao WuYi and thought that the reason why WuYi Base had taken on their name hadn’t been without basis. Just by looking at this optimistic, pure, kind, and lovely boy, he felt relaxed and cheerful, as if he could see the light of hope for the future.

“Come come, say anything you have to say in the house!” Old Chief Xia didn’t have the air of someone who’d been in the top position for a long time. Rather, he was like a kind old grandpa who hadn’t seen his grandsons for a long time.

As a result, under the surrounding fervent gazes, Nie Xiao and Xiao WuYi gladly followed Old Chief Xia to the office of the base to take a break.

Chief Xia sat on a sofa, looking at Nie Xiao’s determined and stern face with deep emotion in his heart. When he had first seen Nie Xiao, Duan Wenyu, and their group, he knew that these people were destined to be well-known figures in this apocalypse. Such an outstanding group of people with extraordinary talents would definitely flourish and produce unexpected results in this chaotic world.

And if such people wanted to be independent, it wouldn’t be any problem at all.

He had originally proposed an invitation back then: he’d hoped Nie Xiao’s group could return to the Capital Base after finding their relatives and friends, as he’d been afraid that such capable people would choose to settle down in a corner. In the end, he absolutely hadn’t expected that Nie Xiao’s group would bring him such a big surprise. Their character was far higher than his assessment. They had directly established such a huge WuYi Base in the south without saying a word, giving countless survivors a refuge, a home.

They had a long-term vision and a broad mind. They didn’t waste the talents and abilities they possessed, and they had made many contributions with their capabilities. In the southern base, they had set all kinds of deeds that even theirs and other bases had begun to emulate their excellent operations.

Old Chief Xia looked at the young people in front of him, his eyes holding unconcealable pleasure and praise. For the apocalypse to have these responsible young people, the darkness would pass sooner or later, and hope would surely come.