"Happy Halloween Mikey"

"One year later, October 31."

Michael remains hidden in the shadows behind the scenes, silently watching his lover play the piano in front of a crowd.

Ever since the old owner of the cafe 'mysteriously' went missing, the place been doing better than ever! It got some new reformations and would have concerts regularly, and since it's Halloween the new owner invited (Y/N) to play, at first she was hesitant because of the last year's fiasco... But eventually accepted, kinda just to close this unfinished character arc of hers on a good note.

Of corse, behind the scenes wasn't a place where people should be, but rules aren't made for Michael, not when his beloved is involved.

However...

—"Knew you'd be here."—

He's not the only one who snuck in there to avoid people.

Michael's brows furrowed a bit when he heard Joseph's voice. Both men weren't friends but tolerated each other.

—"When I didn't see you in the crowd I though you were vandalizing Loomis's grave, again."— he says casually as he steps closer but maintaining a distance.

The tall man nearly rolled his eyes, even though the idea is tempting he wouldn't miss (Y/N)'s performance, even if he saw and heard her practice thousands of times.

Joseph lets out a chuckle out of nowhere.

—"Sorry, you just really reminded me of (Y/N) at her college years. She too used to hide like this, far from the crowd... You'd be impressed how different she was back then, so lonely and closed in herself..."—

Michael doesn't move or seem to acknowledging Joseph, but the subtle head tilt indicated that he was listening.

—"What I'm saying is that... (Y/N) been through many shit durning college, and a lot of struggle years after, but now she's doing better than ever, specially after her recovery and all the care you gave her."— he glances at Michael's direction. —"Not sure how you did that, but you did good. Thank you, really."—

The tall man just lets out a low huff, despite being mainly indifferent he still appreciated Joseph's words, it's nice to finally be praised for his efforts and not take them for granted like everyone did in the asylum.

Eventually the performance reached it's end and (Y/N) entered the backstage while the crowd excitedly clapped. This time the female had her face uncovered, and despite having her scars visible the crowd didn't care and still cheered her name, which filled her being with an overwhelming amount of joy which made her nearly cry.

When Michael noticed her glassy eyes he rushed towards her and grabbed her by her shoulders, already being in his murderous mood in case someone dared to make her feel bad.

But his suspicions vanished when (Y/N) lets out a laugh and hugs him tightly.

—"I'm okay big guy, just happy. I'm very happy."— you say with a bright smile as you nuzzle into his chest. —"It's just... Nice, to finally be viewed as a person, Y'know? And not 'the crazy woman from that book' crap."—

Michael silently nods and wraps his arms around her body as well, bringing her closer.

They both remained in this position for a little bit until (Y/N) noticed Joseph's presence.

—"Oh wow, you two stayed here all by yourself and didn't try to kill each other?"— you ask with a teasing tone as you lean back a bit to see the other man but not enough to break the hug.