6. Scripted Love Proposal

"Relax, Your perception about marriage is correct. But Your perception of Pav Bhaji is wrong. This is not the correct way to eat Pav bhaji." Manik stated by leaving Disha's wrist, Disha furrowed her forehead.

Manik demonstrated opening the bun and placing two spoons of spicy masala above half of the bun or Pav, then some quantity of chopped onion. Finally, he squeezed the lemon on it and closed it with care.

His fingers carried that bun prepared perfectly into his mouth. He took a bite by closing his eyes. He moaned in pleasure when he tasted butter's richness, lemon's tanginess, and onion's sweet and pungent flavors at the same time in that bite. In the corner of his lips, Disha could see a million-dollar smile in it.

"I am feeling like I am in heaven. Come on, give it a try like I did." Manik persisted her.

She did it perfectly and even better than him. Before she could take a bite, she glimpsed at him. The exuberant smile on his face was enough for her to make her stomach full. He snapped at her and asked her to take a bite.

"Oh my god! You are correct. I am also having the same feeling." Disha uttered after taking a bite.

Disha's mouth was craving to take another bite. She did that and gazed at him. Manik was also gazing at her after taking a bite. Both of their mouths are loaded with food. Both laughed together speculating each other bubbly faces.

"So will you do arranged marriage or love marriage?" Disha questioned him this time.

"Marriage is like a water well. When parents push us into the well it is called an arranged marriage. When the person voluntarily jumps into the well then it is called a love marriage. I am not interested in both. To be honest, I don't believe in any permanent relationship." Manik said twirling the spoon in his hand.

"You are so weird," Disha confessed looking at him.

"My parents changed me like that. Both loved each other. After a few years, they got divorced. They are living happily now. But, I faced a lot of struggles in my life. So it is better to stay single rather than being committed." Manik expressed with a chuckle and without having any sorrow.

"How can you express everything without any sadness?" Disha startled.

"Disha, Everyone's life is filled with sorrows and happiness. We should throw away the sorrowful memories and cherish the happy moments in life. We should live in the moment. I think now you are living the happiest phase of your life." Manik said squeezing the lemon.

"Yes, I am happy that I could live an independent life for myself. I even love my work a lot. I forgot to tell you that there will be a huge surprise for you tomorrow at the success party." Disha expounded completing her plate making Manik confused.

-----

The party was going on in full celebration. Some people were dancing together, somewhere standing and chatting in the corner. Disha came to the party wearing a white and multicolored floral printed top, an off-shoulder layered crepe fabric with a belt on her waist. Disha was standing with Deepak who was continuously torturing her with his lame joke. She saw Manik entering the party alone.

Manik was wearing an olive green suit, a pair of tan brown loafers, and white pants for the party. Disha couldn't take her eyes off him when he smiled politely towards his colleagues. He didn't dance but Disha realised he was searching for someone. She thought he must be searching for Geetha.

But when Disha's eyes met Manik's eyes, she understood that he was searching for her. He walked towards her. Disha could hear her heartbeat because of his affiliation smile when he approached her. He halted the waiter and took two glasses of water one for him and another one for Disha.