43. Sacrifice and Revelation

Manik and Krish examined the material like cement, sand, and gravel components. Manik provided the concentre mixing ratio of the components to the concrete mixing machine.

Deepak nodded, handing over two walkie-talkies to Krish and Manik. But Manik asked Deepak to have one. Krish shared the walkie-talkie with Manik.

"Where are Sneha and Geetha?" Krish asked Deepak.

"Geetha must be on the 22nd floor of the building. Sneha was on the 13th floor of the building to check the slab railing of the trolley." Deepak pointed.

"No damage or accident should happen to anyone. Make sure that everyone wears helmets." Manik warned Deepak.

"What is the need to panic? Everything is perfect." Krish announced this as Deepak trailed to the concrete mixing area.

Manik felt a sudden fright inside his heart. He speculated on the railing from the concrete machine to the 22nd floor. The vertically slanted railing from the ground floor to the 22nd floor made him examine it deeply.

Manik was contemplating seeing the empty slab railing trolleys ready to reach from the ground floor to the 22nd floor.

"Hello! someone could hear me?" Krish spoke, turning on the walkie-talkie."

"This walkie-talkie is not working." Krish blamed glimpsing at Manik.

"To speak, press and hold down the "Push to Talk" button on the side of the device," Manik said.

Krish turned on the "push to talk" button. Deepak was speaking in a walkie-talkie with Krish. Krish heard Deepak's voice. Manik went to have an interaction with a worker who was on the ground floor.

"Krish to Geetha, do we have any updates on the 22nd floor? OVER," Krish inquired into his walkie-talkie, eyes scanning the bustling activity around him.

"Geetha here, everything's running smoothly. We're ready to proceed. OVER," Geetha's voice crackled through the device, barely audible amidst the background noise.

"Sneha to Krish, No issues on the 13th floor. Where is Deepak and Manik? Where are you? Over," Sneha's voice chimed in, her tone carrying a hint of urgency.

"Krish for Sneha, I'm on the entrance of the ground floor. Manik is inside the ground floor speaking with workers and Deepak's stationed near the mixing machine. Over," Krish replied promptly, his gaze darting towards the designated areas.

Observing Sneha and Geetha poised on their respective floors, Krish relayed the message to all present.

"Krish to all, Start the process. Over," he announced decisively, his attention briefly snagged by Manik's contemplative stance nearby.

Krish turned off the push-to-talk button.

Manik was thinking deeply about Raj Nayak. He returned to the entrance of the ground floor where Krish was standing.

"Manik, I know you are thinking about Disha." Krish contended as Manik smiled at him.

"No, about Raj Nayak." Manik mumbled, glimpsing at the railing.

"Oh, Focus on the work. Don't take mental stress." Krish stated as Manik nodded.

"Will you ask someone to bring water?" Manik asked, feeling dehydrated.

"I will go and bring the water bottle." Krish patted his shoulder.

Manik noted that the concrete mixing machine began to work with the grinding sound of the material. The rumbling sound made him not listen to his surroundings. The slab trolley reached the destination from ground floor to 22nd floor. A little while later, the slab trolley began its ascent from the 22nd level to the bottom floor.