12. Devkund Waterfalls

Disha was enthralled as she turned her body to discover several waterfalls all around her. When all she could see were these distant things, she started to wonder. Manik was using his phone to take pictures of the waterfalls. He was under pressure to identify the offender in his office, which made him anxious.

Even though he was unable to identify the intruder in his office, he remained concerned. He found that guessing about the surrounding nature eased some of his tension.

"Is this the main waterfall?" Disha asked, grinning.

"No, we need to go still. We are at the Tamhini Ghat location." Manik started shooting a video on his phone.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go and witness it." Disha uttered, tugging Manik back towards the bike.

"But first, we need to have our breakfast," Manik said, keeping his phone in his pocket, and Disha agreed.

After going to a hotel, Disha's tummy was full after eating fried sprouted green pulses with some green chilies and onions. She loved it when that chat item also had some puffed rice and a mixture of cereals, which gave her a crunchy vibe.

Manik was disappointed, as it wasn't a big five- or seven-star restaurant. He was used to eating street-side food, but the main reason for his disappointment was when he made Disha eat this street-side food.

Though his parents are millionaires, he always wanted a normal and peaceful life. Yes, he wanted to earn money and enjoy life, but at the same time, he wanted to experience a normal man's life and their struggle. This experience only taught him the value of money and time. That was the reason he decided to start a company on his own.

His mind came back to reality when he observed Disha, who was sipping the warm tea. He was concerned about her. He found that she was happy, which gave him some satisfaction.

After coming out of the hotel, he decided to go trekking at Devkund waterfall. He told his idea to Disha, and she agreed. While entering the trekking place, the climate and weather seemed to change as it started to drizzle.

Parking the bike in the parking area, Manik and Disha started their trekking journey. Disha was shivering in the cold due to the effect of the drizzling. Manik handed over the raincoat to her, but she denied it.

"I wanted to enjoy nature," Disha confessed, grabbing her essentials with her.

Manik was bewildered as the trekking in this area was under the guidance of local villagers, not the government. He was anxious about the security level, but he understood it was a mistake when the local village had planned everything perfectly without the support of government authorities.

A unique number was given to Manik and Disha by the local guide. Disha assumed it to be silly.

"What is this number? We are not school kids to have an identity card." Disha spoke casually to the guide.

"Mam, So many people come to this place to experience nature and waterfalls. This area is a starting point. We should go 7 kilometers inside the dense forest to reach the Devkund waterfall. If any people go missing inside the forest area, it will be easy for us to identify them using this number. Not only this, we ensure the safety of the people who come to explore the village. Bad goons or kidnappers shouldn't enter this place without our permission. So we made this arrangement." The guide explained it patiently.

"Sorry! I didn't know the real reason behind it." Disha apologized.

"We find it amazing that the local village people go out of their way to assist trekkers and tourists like us. May I know the number for us?" Manik asked.