41. From pillow to bed!

Manik was fiery. He walked furiously inside his study room. Manik's phone vibrated when he composed himself in the king-size rolling chair placed in his study room. He picked up the phone from his pocket. Manik was perplexed as to who was calling him at midnight.

The name splashed on his phone, making him puzzle for a second. His boorish attitude never left him quickly. He decided to scold the person on the other end of the phone call. He was also responsible for such a situation to happen in his life.

"Hello, Manik. My dear son, how are you?" Manik's heart melted when his dad announced his name.

"Manik, I am Karan. Could you hear me?" Karan inquired because there was no response from the other side of the phone call.

"Yes, Dad." Manik's fragile voice broke his father's heart.

"Is everything okay?" Karan's concern made him feeble.

"No, Dad," Manik whined, and the gasping sound of Karan was heard from the other side.

"Why did you fall in love with my mother? Why did you marry her? Why did you divorce her? Why did you leave me with my mother in childhood after your divorce? Why did you not choose me in your life? Why did you stay away from me? Why did you marry another woman? Why did you not fight against my mother to get me? Why?" Manik yelled at his father, who remained silent.

"Son, I can't listen to you. Speak loudly." Karan lied.

"Dad, I am your son. I know you are lying." Manik spoke.

"Shall I do a video call?" Karan insisted on not responding to Manik's questions.

"Answer my questions, Dad." Manik pleaded.

"I want to have a face-to-face conversation virtually with my son. Then I will answer your questions." Karan grunted, disconnecting the call.

Manik did the video call. He decided to show his rage towards his dad. But when he saw his dad's face on his phone's screen, his irateness disappeared. He longed for his dad's companion at that time.

"My dear son, Tell me exactly what happened." Karan inquired making Manik baffle.

"Dad, I can't explain everything," Manik confessed with determination.

"It is nice to hear when you call me dad. But I love it when you call me 'Old Chum'. I miss it." Karan responded, silencing Manik.

"Manik! I know everything about you. I am proud that my son has had tremendous growth in his career." Karan bloated.

"Old Chum, just don't joke." Manik deviated.

"No, I am not. The great Kalyani Chauhan was scared of my son and her nephew's growth in the construction industry. Only you and Krish can challenge your mother." Karan praised his son.

"Dad..." Manik drawled.

"I knew that only Adidev Manik Rajwat could challenge Kalyani Chauhan," Karan uttered as Manik remained silent.

"Sorry. I didn't share..." Manik halted when Karan chuckled.

"My dear son, Kalyani, told me about your real identity a few days ago. Now tell me what your problem is." Karan asked with a charming smile.

Manik exhaled, sharing every incident with him. Karan keenly observed every piece of information that Manik shared with him.

"Dad, Why? Why did you leave me and go?" Manik breathed out, making Karan sigh.

"Manik, we divorced because of Kalyani brother's stupidity. He is a gambler. He wasn't taking anything seriously in his life. Kalyani was talented in the construction field. Dev's Chauhan Construction had a loan problem. The company was in danger of going bankrupt. She took over the control of Chauhan construction." Karan uttered, remembering everything that happened in his life.