36. Lovey-dovey couple

Disha smiled painfully, gazing at him. Mahima received the divorce notice from Disha. Everyone looked down because they had lied to her about Manik as Adidev, except Damini, who was baffled. She handed over the baby to Radha. She got the divorce notice from Mahima.

"Maya sent the divorce notice on behalf of Adidev Manik Rajwat to Disha." Damini read, making the entire room silent.

"I was delighted when I saw your signature didn't match. But I was apprehensive when I knew your first name in the divorce notice. I thought it was a printing mistake. Later, I remembered this signature on the divorce notice. It was Adidev's signature. I have seen in the office confidential file. I never dreamt in my life of marrying my role model." Disha expounded.

"Disha, he hid the identity because..." Krish halted as Disha spoke.

"I know everything now. Kalyani Chauhan clarified my doubts. She told me about everything yesterday in the phone call." Disha elucidated as a flat tear ran from her eyes.

"Disha!" Radha tried to calm down Disha, gesturing for her to rest.

"Everyone hid the fact from me," Disha whined.

"Disha, let me explain." Manik was startled when he saw that Disha's eyes were wet.

"I can understand the reason why you hide the facts. You came here to find the disloyal person in your Mumbai branch. You didn't tell me because I am your employee. If you considered me your wife, you would have told me. You didn't believe me." Disha confessed to breathing hard.

"I know you won't divorce me because you never consider me your wife. You didn't believe or trust me." Disha elucidated.

"Disha, you are misunderstanding," Krish warned Disha, supporting Manik.

"Now, only I have understood clearly. Adidev plans to find the disloyal person in his Mumbai branch. So, he disguised himself as a project manager with his middle name in Mumbai. Once he found the person, he planned to return to Delhi as aloof as Adidev." Disha choked as the Manik handed the glass of water to Disha with the tablet in her palm.

Manik didn't care about Disha knowing his real identity because she had all right to know about his secrets. But what panicked him was her health level.

"You are perplexed!" Mahima announced.

"I am not! Manik didn't want a committed relationship or love in his personal life. But he wanted to experience marriage. So I was his demo or trail piece in his life." Disha announced as everyone's eyes flickered to Manik.

"Disha, I..." Manik stammered as everyone gasped, knowing the reason for his pause.

"Disha, how did you know it?" Manik asked as Krish, Radha, and Mahima glared at him.

"I imagined myself in your situation. Even I didn't want a committed relationship or love. So you chose me. You tried the trial method in our lives. You wanted to check if marriage life suits you." Disha predicted correctly, while Manik nodded his head in confirmation.

Krish, Radha, and Mahima couldn't understand Manik's ideology on marriage.

"You have decided to live apart from me once you solve the issue of Jaidev construction in the Mumbai branch. I am here for your entertainment and fun until you go to Delhi." Disha announced, making everyone stunned.

"I am your timepass, ain't I?" Disha asked in her weak voice.

Krish and Radha tried to interact, but Mahima gestured for them to remain silent. She wanted the couple to speak up to each other.

Manik didn't speak up. He didn't want the interaction to turn out an argument or fight between him and Disha. It felt like a typical husband and wife fight for Manik.