40. Pen vs Sword

After Damini and Praveen left, a silence filled the café. Krish paid the bill. Manik and Krish did not even smile once. Their worried faces made Disha upset. The trio decided to go to Krish's house.

Radha welcomed Disha and Manik, but she noticed something was wrong with Krish's face. Krish called Maya. She came to the living area, chewing her bubble gum in her mouth.

"What a sudden surprise! Everyone came to meet me." Maya beamed.

Krish instructed Radha to call Dev from his room. Dev came back with a smile on his face.

"Ms. Maya Chauhan, Send your resignation letter to Krish Mail. You are no longer working for my company." Manik said it in his base voice.

"What happened, buddy?" Dev asked, seeing the tension in the faces of Manik, Krish, and Disha.

"Grandpa, Maya will speak. Not you." Krish defended in place of Manik.

"I need the reason," Maya announced, chewing her bubble gum.

"The reason will only give you shame. Send your resignation letter to Krish Mail." Manik yelled at her, making everyone flinch with his tone.

"I won't send any letters to Krish's mail." Maya's admonished voice echoed in the living area.

"You won't send mail, but you will hack my mail, won't you?" Krish fumed.

Maya didn't reply. She furiously chewed her bubble gum inside her mouth. Radha and Dev didn't know why they had a heated argument like they were in an court room.

"I want an answer to Krish's question." Manik roared.

"I did it. So what? Oh! That's the reason you are firing me up. You must also be aware that I work as the legal advisor for Nayak Construction. So you wanted me to send the resignation letter to Krish's mail." Maya chewed the bubble gum while sitting on the sofa.

"How could you do that?" Dev inquired to his granddaughter.

"It is just professional tricks and tactics," Maya responded.

"To hell with that!" Krish screamed.

Maya didn't care about that. Disha felt terrible, viewing Dev and Krish. They seemed worried, seeing Maya's adamant attitude.

"You can't be loyal to my company. So you are fired. That's it." Manik declared hoarsely.

"Then you should fire Disha and Krish from your company. After all, Krish had worked in Nayak Construction, and Disha had sold her designs to Nayak Construction." Maya argued.

Disha remembered when Maya was eavesdropping on Disha's conversation with Praveen and Krish. She was using it in a perfect situation during Manik's irate time. Manik's eyes widened as he gazed at Krish and Disha.

"Manik, while I worked as a freelancer, I sold my designs to many companies. Nayak construction was also one of them." Disha replied.

"I pursued an internship at Nayak Construction for six months at the beginning of my career. You know that, Adidev." Krish confessed.

Manik remained silent. His silence was killing Disha. Disha was frightened that his anger would not turn towards her or Krish.

"Why have you turned speechless? You are showing partiality now. If you fire them from the job first, I will send the resignation letter to you wholeheartedly." Maya stated.

"Do you think of me as an ignoramus?" I am not. Maybe you." Manik scorned Maya.

"Manik!" Dev pleaded with his eyes to behave softly with her.