23. Exclusively his

Manik observed her face, which was shivering. He knew something was wrong with Disha.

"Disha, I want an answer from you," Manik whispered, trying to be soft with her.

"Yes, I came for the ring." Disha hushed.

Manik visualized a lie in her eyes. But he desperately wants to know the reason for her lie.

"Liar!" Manik teased her.

"Manik, I am not lying." Disha lied again.

"Then what does this mean?" Manik inquired, squeezing the left ring finger of Disha with his thumb finger.

"It is a ring." Disha shivered in her voice, but suddenly an idea popped out.

"That lost ring was a different one. This ring is a different one." Disha blabbered without glimpsing at his eyes.

"This is the only ring you usually wear. I am pretty sure about it." Manik remembered the moment when he fell on her.

She protected herself by bringing her palm towards his chest when he observed Disha's hand. Disha was perplexed about how he had correctly found it.

He had noticed me this much. He has an interest in me.

"Have you noticed this much about me? Why?" Disha inquired, making him blank out.

A huge block was formed in his throat. Manik was unable to answer. Manik released his hold of Disha and rushed inside his house. He closed the door with a bang. Disha took it as an opportunity and walked towards the lift.

Manik was breathing hard for the question that Disha had asked him. He could give a perfect answer to any question in his professional life. Her single question was repeating in his intellect and soul.

He always admired her from top to bottom. He had never adored or noticed anything about any girl. But he didn't know why he had observed so many things about her.

Manik made himself composed to interact with Disha again. When he opened the door, he saw that Disha was missing.

Manik grabbed his bike key and closed his house door. He rushed frantically towards the gate of the apartment. Manik saw how she was standing dreadfully, looking at the empty roads late at night.

Disha had an idea of booking a cab, but it seemed so difficult for her. She noticed a sudden flashlight on her body. She heard the bike engine sound. She turned, and her eyes weren't able to see the person sitting on the bike. As the bike headlight shrunk, her eyes made a tickling sensation.

Finally, the bike appeared so close to her. She knew who it was, but she pretended as if it were a stranger. She refused to look at her husband. She was happy that her husband cared about her.

Disha, Go with him on the bike.

Don't listen to your heart. Let him call you. Your self-respect is important.

Manik removed the visor from the helmet. He glared at her for not looking at him. She desperately wanted him to ask for a bike ride. But he remained silent, glowering at her.

Disha flickered a mischievous glint towards Manik, who gestured to come and sit on the bike. His eyes were enough to make her mesmerized. She agreed, nodding her head. She comfortably sat on his bike.

The bike ride gave her immense joy, reminding her of the moments of her travel journey to Devkund waterfalls and Kumbhe viewpoint with Manik. She rejoiced at how they used to interact about silly things. Her thoughts broke when she saw the ice cream cart.