13. Important person in her life

Disha couldn't handle the situation anymore. She couldn't even imagine something dangerous happening to Manik. She was searching for him in the pool by swimming. Her heart pondered because Manik was missing in the swimming pool.

"He must have gone beyond the rope and sank inside the pool." Another local guide fumed about the trekkers' bad activities, which is going to leave the biggest black mark on them.

"No, my Manik won't do that activity." Disha cried while still inside the pool.

"Don't panic, madam. We will find him." Rajesh consoled her.

"Call the police. Call the fire service. Call the rescue team. I need my Manik back." Disha sobbed while swimming in the pool.

She looked at the waterfall again, lifting her head. She closed her eyes and cried, praying for Manik's safety. Her eyelids opened. She decided to search for him by crossing the rope. When she touched the rope to cross it, she realized someone from behind was holding her shoulder.

"Disha, it is not safe to cross the rope. Follow the rules." Said a familiar voice from behind her, hoarsely.

She knew this voice, and she turned her body to ensure that it was him. Yes, it was her Manik. She sobbed hard, speculating at him. Before he could ask why she was crying, her hands encircled his neck and took him into her embrace. She hugged him tightly as her legs were swimming in the pool.

He was bewildered as his hand trembled to hug her back. A wave of shock spread when he realized that she was hugging her bare upper body. He understood the way she was crying on his shoulder. Something happened inside his heart. His heart took control of his mind and urged him to hug her back.

His hands embraced her back, reassuring her that he was by her side. He'll always be by her side. Nobody felt ashamed of the embrace they exchanged since they were all relieved to see Manik again. Disha felt a warmth course through her heart, and Manik felt the same.

Realization hit Disha when everyone was looking at them. She released her hug and came back to her normal position. She swam back to the land. He also accompanied her by following her.

"Why were you crying inside the pool?" Manik asked patiently.

Disha didn't reply. She crossed her arms and tapped her right foot, glowering at him. Manik was puzzled by her actions.

A few minutes before she cried in the pool, she hugged me, and now she is angry with me. Is she bipolar?

His thoughts changed when Rajesh Shukla approached him. Rajesh Shukla was also in vexation after observing Manik's behavior.

"Sir, Where were you? You seemed to be missing in the pool area." Rajesh's concern gained Manik's attention.

"I went to the nearby side waterfalls, which are located 500 meters away from this Devkund waterfall. In that water, the force wasn't high. It seemed to be safe. So I attempted to stand in the falls for a few minutes." Manik explained.

Disha shook her head and went far away from him in vexation. Manik didn't know why she was so angry with him. Manik felt worried to see her like this.

"What happened to her? She was crying inside the pool, and now she is angry with me. Why is she behaving abnormally? What is the reason?" Manik inquired with Rajesh.

"She was crying inside the pool for you." Rajesh expressed.

"For me? But why?" Manik asked, pointing his finger towards him.

"You were missing in the pool. She panicked and dove inside the pool to search for and rescue you. But still, you were missing. She screamed your name multiple times in dread, but no response came from your side. So she thought you might sink inside the pool's intense depth area. So she cried for you." Rajesh elaborated on the incident.