18. Sailing in the same boat

After spending an hour in a video chat with the home minister, Manik felt relieved. The home minister assured him that Akash Agarwal's death would be handled. After shutting off his laptop, he grabbed his phone. He began to go through his gallery, which was full of images of Disha.

Manik was able to convince himself that he had wed Disha. To protect Disha's self-respect from this culture, he married her. He didn't give him any thought. He made the decision not to act selfishly right now. From his father's side of the family, he saved Disha. However, he was beginning to believe that married life wouldn't be ideal for him.

Manik observed Karan, who was pounding on the door. He asked Karan to come in. Karan is pleased that his kid has selected the individual he wished for him.

"Manik, you should stay with me. I want you to take over my business." Karan suggested.

"No, I am not interested," Manik mumbled, placing his phone inside his pocket.

"Manik, what is the reason for your sadness?" Karan inquired, brushing his shoulder.

"I have a guilty feeling within myself for making the wrong decision. I shouldn't have married Disha." Manik announced.

"You both like each other. Then, what is the problem?" Karan asked his son.

"I admit the fact that we like each other. But marriage wasn't meant for us. I prefer short-term relationships, and she prefers becoming an independent woman." Manik confessed, shaking his head from left to right.

"Then why did you agree to marry Disha? She would have married your stepbrother." Karan contended as Manik closed his eyes.

Manik has mixed feelings about saving Disha from her nasty and self-centered family as well as his own family. However, when he noticed Disha seated next to her stepbrother on the wedding platform, his heart started to race. Manik detested the instant he caught sight of Disha with someone else. His hands clench into fists as he recalls the incident.

Breaking the stillness, Karan looked at Manik's irate face. He tried to get his son's attention by pretending to cough, and he was successful.

"Old Chum, I didn't want Disha to face what my mother faced after got married to you. You didn't allow my mother to decide on her own. I am sure that your family members would treat Disha like a slave. So I married Disha." Manik expressed

"So you cared for Disha." Karan teased him.

"Old Chum, I have another important purpose in my life. I can't focus on her or my marriage life. So I have decided to stay away from her." Manik seriously spoke, glimpsing at his father's face.

"How?" Karan was questioned with worry.

"I will reside in my apartment; she will reside in her hostel," Manik said casually, but his reply seemed to be like a storm for Karan.

"You wanted to live alone after your marriage. Impossible!" Karan shook his head from right to left.

"Everything is possible if Disha agrees," Manik pronounced, noticing Mahima approaching inside the room.

"Look at my son, he wanted to live alone after marriage," Karan complained to Mahima.

"Even Disha wants to live alone after marriage," Mahima uttered, lowering her head.

"Disha and you are sailing in the same boat." Karan mocked his son in a teasing tone.

"Yes, our thoughts are the same, but our way is unique." Manik sighed.

Though Manik was happy with Disha's decision, he wanted to know the reason why Disha refused to stay together.

Mahima, Manik, and Disha decided to take a private jet back to Mumbai. Disha found the journey on a jet amusing. Disha surmised that Manik's parents owned this plane.