24. Radhe Krishna

Krish was standing inside the hospital, hiding his left cheek with his palm. Manik was beside Krish, searching for Disha.

"Krish, we need to find Disha." Manik panicked as Krish didn't respond.

"Speak something, man." Manik contended.

"I have already got a red cheek on my left side because of you. Not ready to make my right side cheeks also red speaking to you." Krish blamed him.

Yes, Manik slapped Krish hard on his cheeks inside the car. Krish also accepted it, as the mistake was on his side.

"You said that Disha and I are pregnant. We didn't even consummate or have intimacy. How did you even talk about our pure relationship like that? So I just slapped you." Manik's puppy eyes made Krish remove his palm from his cheek.

"Just slap. Look at my handsome face. Your rough fingers are imprinted on my cheeks. Stop looking with your naïve eyes at me like that." Krish warned him.

"Come, let's go to the right side and check." Manik pleaded.

Krish agreed and walked along with him. Finally, both saw Disha coming out of the doctor's cabin. Disha carried a medical report while walking towards the lift. Manik frantically walked inside the doctor's cabin, followed by Krish.

"Doctor, is everything ok with Disha?" Manik's dreadful voice made him eager to know about Disha's health. Krish was astonished.

Krish had never seen Manik show so much care and concern for anyone in his lifetime.

"Sir, Are you related to Disha?" The female doctor, around 50 years old, inquired.

"Yes, I am related to her. Disha is my wife. Does she have any health issues? Doctor, I can spend my entire wealth on her. Please, don't let anything happen to her." Manik urged, as he was speaking so fast, not allowing the doctor to speak.

"Don't panic, young man. Disha is absolutely fine. You are the luckiest person to get a girl like her in your life." The female doctor's words gave him relief.

"Then why did she come to the hospital?" Manik bewildered.

"A few days before, she admitted a pregnant lady to this hospital in the evening. She single-handedly took sole responsibility for the child and that lady. It was a normal delivery, but she was staying in the hospital for 12 hours. When the lady who delivered the child was in an unconscious state, she took care of the baby. Even her hostel friends were so endearing towards the mother and child." The doctor explained as she asked them to follow her.

"Is that Damini?" Manik asked, making sure about it.

"Yes, I think so. Both used to go to work, but they managed to stay in the hospital to take care of the baby and the mother." The female doctor expressed.

"Doesn't that mother and baby have any relatives?" Krish interrogated.

"No, that pregnant lady said that she doesn't have anyone. Your wife and Damini are working women who resided with her in the same hostel. Nowadays, even relatives are not ready to sacrifice their time. They just visit and go. But these girls did an amazing job of taking care of the mother and child." The female doctor expressed.

Manik's eyes saw Damini standing outside the nursery ward. The doctor went inside the nursery ward. Manik demanded an explanation from Damini, as his gaze was so intense, which made Damini prepare herself for his question.

"We are standing in front of the nursery ward. We will talk about it later." Damini whispered.

The doctor came back carrying a dozing baby in her arms. She handed over the baby to Damini.