17. Making her his

A bewildered Vikram didn't know what to say to him and the people. He noticed the Rajwat family, who were standing in complete silence, knowing Manik's power and status. Even Karan didn't open his mouth because of his son's gesture.

"Come on, Vikram Rathore. When you can slap your daughter boldly, why are you refusing like a coward to pronounce my name in front of these people?" Manik mocked him.

Vikrant was frustrated to see Manik mock his dad. He was perplexed to see the Rajwat family standing in silence.

"Disha made a mistake by eloping with you. So Dad slapped her, and even I slapped her. We didn't find anything wrong. She had done the wrong thing in her life by eloping with her boyfriend." Vikrant voiced his opinion.

Disha's head was lowered, she wanted to bury herself. Every eye in the crowd looked at her with the wrong intentions. From the looks of the people, she came to know that her self-respect and self-confidence were broken completely. Tears welled up in her eyes.

Disha realized someone was touching her waist. Before Disha could react, Manik's arm tugged Disha's waist towards him with force. It resulted in a side embrace between them. In a panic, Disha's right hand reached his chest and grabbed his lapel on the blazers.

Disha stared into his eyes. His eyes made her believe in herself. Her heart had a different sensation; she was happy that he didn't feel anything wrong about her. His palm caressed her cheeks to soothe her pain.

He was worried to see the red mark on her cheeks. His worry for her did something inside her heart. She had peace within herself because of him.

"Be strong. I will be with you." Manik whispered as everyone was startled.

"Vikrant, before making the wrong assumption, Why don't we listen to your dad's opinion? Vikram, Are you going to open your mouth, or should I slap you before everyone?" Manik warned this time, making Vikram gulp his saliva hard.

"The person whom you are assuming as Disha's boyfriend is the ex-groom-to-be of Disha. His name is Manik Rajwat." Vikram pronounced it, making everyone gasp.

Everyone now understood what had happened. Mahima and Disha's mother appeared from Manik's backside. Disha's mother brushed her shoulder. Finally, Disha felt happy that her mom had understood her. Disha broke the side embrace with the Manik and hugged her mother. Vikrant wasn't able to speak as he came to know who Manik was. Vikrant was terrified of seeing Manik.

"Manik!" Karan called his son's name affectionately.

"How could you do that, Dad?" Manik accused Karan of his activities.

"What did I do?" Karan calmly asked his son.

"You have to hide the fact that I escaped from the wedding. But you have all accused and abused Disha of leaving with her boyfriend. Now also, you have been eager to make her marry your stepson just for money." Manik's patience level decreased.

"Manik!" Karan tried to calm down his son.

"If a bride escapes from her wedding, you will punish her by slapping her and trying to marry her forcefully to someone she doesn't like. What if a groom does it? I also need punishment, old chum." Manik voiced out for Disha.

Disha was about to break the hug from his mother and show support for Manik. But her mother didn't allow her.

"Disha, marry Manik. It is my order." Disha's mother whispered in her ears.

"Ma.." Disha couldn't speak further as her mother halted her by pressing her shoulder.

"I know that he was the phone astrologer. Marry him or you will not see me alive." Disha's mother threatened her.