21. Landed on a cotton ball

Disha gulped hard as Damini demanded an explanation. Her mind told her to hide her feelings and emotions. But Disha couldn't hide it from her.

Damini was a good friend to her. If Damini hadn't reported to Mahima and Manik at the correct time, Disha would have ended up in Udaipur. Finally taking a deep breath, Disha narrated the entire thing that happened in her life.

"You should have conveyed the reason why you didn't meet Manik and his mother on that day. He would have understood you." Damini voiced out her opinion, wiping Disha's tears.

"No, he will never understand me. I don't know what to do. Even Mahima isn't picking up my call." Disha whimpered.

"Ok, what about the feeling you have for Manik?" Damini questioned her.

"I don't know what to do. I am in a dilemma. He is in a rage with me. I am confused about our relationship. Let time decide. Until then, I am going to be silent." Disha elaborated on her situation.

"In my perspective, You shouldn't have too much silence in your relationship, or else Maya will come between you and Manik. So be careful." Damini warned her.

"I had a good relationship with Manik. I am scared that it would be affected because of the husband-wife bond." Disha was worried, brushing Damini's palm.

"How was the kiss you shared with him in the dream?" Damini diverted her, making her eyes widen.

"Hmm, I don't remember anything." Disha lied, hiding her palms and covering her face.

"Tell me the truth, Ms. Disha Rathore. Oops, tell me the truth, Mrs. Disha Rajwat." Damini teased holding the wrist, pulling her palm from the face.

Mrs. Disha Rajwat sounds nice!

"I like it. But I am not married to him in my dreams. We are the same friends in our dreams." Disha mumbled as her cheeks turned crimson due to the result of blushing.

"I have an idea. Go and meet Mahima. Instead of trying to have a phone call directly, have a face-to-face conversation. I think she will help you." Damini motivated her.

"Fine. Good idea. I will go by evening and meet Mahima." Disha concluded.

"Do you know Mahima's address, or should I tell you?" Damini inquired to Disha.

"I have it." Disha grinned as she got the location of Mahima before few days for dropping Manik in his apartment.

As usual, Disha plastered a placid expression coming to the office. Damini's speech at the hostel changed her mood. When she entered her cabin, everyone's face was sorrowful. No one was able to look into each other's eyes.

"Is something wrong? Why is everyone having a sorrowful face?" Disha whispered to Deepak, who was standing silently.

"Government tender details got leaked," Deepak confessed.

"What?" Disha gulped.

"Yes, Nayak Construction was aware of the quotation we submitted for the government tender. To win the contract, they have thus provided a lower quotation than our company. They've been successful in it. We have not succeeded." Deepak explained the situation.

"How did the information get leaked?" Disha panicked.

"Our CEO's mail account had been hacked." A voice boomed, making her recognize the voice.

Yes, of course, it was her husband's voice. She was startled by gazing at Manik's face. He was pale and frustrated. His voice carried some sadness.

"But how? Who hacked it?" Disha inquired, but silence was the only answer.