3.

3.

Danielle was walking throughout Chaewon's house wondering when Haerin would show up. The Korean girl told her she would come but what if she said yes just so Danielle stop insisting. Does Haerin even appreciate her ? Because Danielle did everything she could to become closer to Haerin but the cat-like girl was still acting so strangely. Sometime, Danielle felt like she succeeded to break the glass between them but at the moment she would have this thought Haerin would act cold again.

"Can you stop wandering around, you're making me feel dizzy. Why do you care so much anyway ?" Hanni asked watching her friend

Why did she care ? Danielle didn't have the answer either. She thought Haerin was cool so naturally she wanted the other to feel the same way about her. She never lacked friends, people were always drawn to her so Danielle never had to try. But Haerin was different from the others. Danielle couldn't read her mind. She was her first friendly crush. Or that's what she thought.

"You're right. It's stupid let's find some people to hook up with." Danielle said as she fixed her emerald green dress

"Talk for yourself, I'm loyal to Minji." Hanni said with a little smile as she was glad her friend got back to her senses

Danielle rolled her eyes and chuckled.

"I'll accept this excuse the day she knows of your existence. For now you're coming to the dance floor with me." Danielle said as grabbed Hanni's wrist. She could hear Hanni whine in indignation something like "Aren't you my friend? You could at least feed into my delusion." but she chooses to ignore it.

The two of them arrived in the living room which turned into some sort of club because of the loud music and people dancing and grinding against each other. Danielle and Hanni found an empty spot and started to dance together just enjoying themselves. Danielle scanned the room, searching for a partner for the night. No one really caught her attention, in the corner of her eyes she saw Heeseung's silhouette. She already hooked up with him a few times in the past, maybe she should just go to him today. No bad surprises with him at least.

"I'm coming back." She whispered to Hanni's ear before walking through the crowd of people to reach Heeseung.

She almost arrived when she saw her : Kang Haerin was here. She was wearing a gray top that was fitting her upper body perfectly, suit pants of the same color and a black leather jacket. Her hair was put back in a high ponytail that emphasized her sharp jawline. Her makeup was also flawless and Danielle thought she was looking jaw dropping.

The Australian girl immediately changed her itinerary to join the cat-like girl.

"Look who finally shows up..." Danielle said as she take Haerin both hands in hers

"Yeah something came up, I couldn't come earlier." Haerin said already feeling stressed out with Danielle's attitude. Even more when she was in that tight dress that embellished her natural features

Minji joined them before Danielle could reply.

"Oh hey !" The tall girl greeted Danielle with a smile. "Don't blame Haerin. It's my fault if we're late. Otherwise she would have come here as soon as possible. She couldn't wait to see you." Minji added with a little wink for Danielle

Haerin reunited all her patience not to slap her friend and she simply crushed Minji's foot. Minji bit her inner cheek so as not to groan in pain. If they tried to be subtle, it was a failure because nothing escaped Danielle's eyes. She was now wondering if the two of them weren't mocking her.

"Well she doesn't let it show." Danielle replied

At the same moment the little Aussie ran up to them.

"Dani ! You have to help me." She said as she clung onto her friend's arm. "We have to beat Niki and Jake at beer pong, because If I hear them praise their talent one more time I swear I'm going to smash their ugly rat faces into th..."

She couldn't finish her sentence because she just noticed who was standing in front of Danielle. Her face turned completely white after being caught swearing in front of her crush. She cleared her throat and chuckled while shaking Danielle's arm.

"Forget about what I said. Why don't you introduce me to your friends first?" She said while reuniting all the strength she has not to bury herself into the ground

Danielle exchanged a knowing look with Haerin since the two of them knew exactly why Hanni was panicking. Danielle tried not to laugh when she saw Haerin biting her lip to hide her smirk.

"Haerin, Minji, this is Hanni. She is a very dear friend of mine." Danielle finally said

Minji crossed her arms and looked at the ceiling while thinking.

"Hanni... Hanni ?" She said while squinting her eyes and leaning towards the shorter girl. "Your face reminds me of someone. Didn't we meet before?" She asked

Hanni's face quickly went from white to pinkish because of Minji's behavior and she felt like suffocating a little.

"Oh ! I know. Aren't you in the junior girl's basketball team ?" Minji exclaimed while straightening herself up

"Uh... Yeah, I am." Hanni said finally able to talk

"You talked about a beer pong game didn't you ? Want me to help ?"

"No no... You don't have to..." Hanni said, shaking her hands. She was panicking again.

"It doesn't bother me. I have to help my juniors, don't I ?" Minji smiled and put her arm around Hanni's shoulder. "Plus, I really don't want to third wheel these two..." She whispered while pointing at Danielle and Haerin

"Fine. Then I'll accept your help." Hanni said timidly and the two of them walked away leaving Haerin and Danielle alone.

"You think she got a chance ?" Danielle asked the cat-like girl.

"I don't know. Minji is as much of a player as you are." Haerin said to tease the other

Danielle gasped and slapped Haerin's arm who simply rubbed the spot afterwards.

"I'm not a player, Haerin !" She chuckled, "And know that if Minji broke my little Hanni's heart I'm going to smack the shit out of her."

Haerin smiled and nodded.

"Yeah... Hanni looks sweet. If she's being an ass with her I'll help you beat her don't worry." Haerin replied calmly

"Right answer. You're more of a good girl everyday Haerin." Danielle said, chuckling and hitting her shoulder softly with her own.

Haerin shook her head while smirking and she took a can of beer on a table nearby. She took a sip of it and extended it to Danielle afterwards.

"Wanna share?"

Danielle smiled and drank from the can as well, a drip of beer rolled down her cheek to her jawline. Haerin, who was attentive to every movement of Danielle, softly whipped it with the edge of her jacket. The Australian gaze then met with Haerin focused cat eyes and she felt like her cheeks started to burn. She took a step back and cleared her throat.

"Come on. Let's dance. And I keep that with me." Danielle said showing the can of beer

"Dance...? I'm not really sure about that..." Haerin said

"Don't worry. You'll just have to follow my lead." Danielle said with a reassuring smile before grabbing Haerin's wrist and dragging her along through the crowd of people