31.

31.

Haerin was glad that they were on holiday. She couldn't imagine how many eyes would be on them if they had to go to the university.

A day passed since the news about her and Danielle being together leaked and she still received calls and messages about it.

The group chat with the girls was going crazy. Sakura kept saying she knew her girlfriend was Danielle. She was so proud of herself for resolving the case while the others agreed, telling how suspicious it was for Danielle to suddenly protect Haerin by downing her shot. They also bullied Hyein and Minji half an hour for covering for them during the party. Everything was all chaotic.

Even other students talked about the news, everybody was shocked that their famous manhunter ended up in a committed relationship with some unknown girl.

Now that she knew her dad wasn't totally opposed to their relationship, Danielle didn't really care about what was being said on them. She was already used to being in the spotlight all the time so there was nothing new on her plate.

However, Haerin felt uneasy about the sudden popularity she gained. She started to understand why Mrs. Marsh warned her about the attention she’ll get once their relationship gets revealed. Rumors and theories about why they're together have already begun to be made. Fortunately, Haerin didn't get disturbed by them. How lifeless could those people be ? Their thoughts didn't matter to her.

The girls had all reunited at the dorms to debrief about Danielle's talk with her dad. It’s been two hours and they still had no solution to prevent Danielle from going overseas.

Running out of ideas, everyone went silent. Danielle snuggled up against Haerin’s chest as they were sitting on the couch, slowly intertwining their hands while Minji was zoning out and Hanni seemed to be really focused on finding a solution for them.

“Of all the options we had, why did we gather in this rathole ?” Hyein complained, rubbing her back. During the whole talk, she had to sit on the floor in an uncomfortable position because there wasn't enough space on the couch nor in the dorm in general and she really started to have back pain from it.

Minji took pity on her for once and whispered something in Hanni's ear. Then, the Australian girl sat on her lap to leave some room for Hyein to sit next to them.

“You can sit now.” Minji said, tapping the space next to her as Hanni leaned her back against her girlfriend to be more comfortable.

Hyein rolled her eyes. “That's even worse but well…” She said, taking place on the couch between the two couples.

“I’m never doing something for you ever again.” Minji huffed.

“As if you didn't do this to cuddle with-”

“Shut up.” Hanni said, blocking Hyein's mouth with her hand because she suddenly had an idea. “I have a plan !” She exclaimed as everyone looked at her. “Y’all are going to love it. Since the issue is that your dad wants to bequeath you the company for it to stay in the hands of Marsh’s. If Haerin marries you and becomes a Marsh, she could logically take the company over as your wife. And let's be honest, she will do a much better job of it. She's literally the valedictorian.”

Danielle looked at her skeptically, her dad wasn't the type to agree to this type of thing so easily. This plan was a bit complicated and too utopic. “You… You cannot put the pressure of marrying me on Haerin's shoulder all of a sudden!” She said.

Haerin chuckled, she actually liked the idea. “I’ll marry you…” She said softly, giving Danielle's hand a kiss.

The mixed girl turned towards her girlfriend and slowly grinned from ear to ear. “Aww… You would do that ?” She asked softly.