36.

36.

The day has come, Hyein has finally granted a date to Junghwan after making the man suffer for days.

Little did he know that Hyein brought him to Haerin's workplace for the cat-like girl to spy on them. Haerin came up with the idea because she was just too curious to see what he looked like in real life and Hyein just agreed, she needed emotional support.

Everything was going well so far, they were having fun in their own little bubble and Haerin thought they looked adorable and discreetly took some pictures of them like a proud mom when she wasn't busy with clients.

But that peace didn't last long. The door of the coffee shop just opened and Haerin's eyes widened in panic when she saw her best friend's silhouette in the frame of it.

“Minji ? What are you doing here ?” Haerin said, nervously looking towards Junghwan’s direction while her friend approached the counter.

Fortunately, Hyein just went to the bathroom a few minutes before Minji arrived so they were safe for now but she still needed to find a way to warn her of Minji's unannounced arrival.

“Just passing by because I was bored. Why are you looking so stressed ?”

“Just a busy day.”

“There's literally no customer, what are you talking about ?” She frowned.

“Shut up.”

“What ?”

“I have to use the bathroom.”

“What the fuck…” Minji mumbled a bit dumbfounded as Haerin walked away. “What about my order ?”

When Haerin reached the bathroom, Hyein was just coming out of it and her face immediately lit up when she saw the cat-like girl.

“So ? How do you find him ?” Hyein asked, seeming really happy because her date was going well.

“You two look really good together.” Haerin smiled. “But…”

“But ?”

“We have a problem.”

Hyein frowned. “What kind of problem ?”

“Minji is here.”

“Minji ? Why is this girl always at the wrong place at the wrong moment ?” Hyein sighed. “Well, try to send her away.”

“Girl… Minji isn't dumb. She’ll immediately get suspicious if she isn't already… I might have acted weird in the panic earlier…”

“None of you knows how to improvise, I swear to God.” Hyein rolled her eyes. “Then what are we going to do ? I can't disappear for too long… Junghwan is waiting.”

“Well… I could go to him to explain the situation so he can leave discreetly if you want.”

“Nah… That will give away the fact that I brought him here on purpose.” She sighed. “You know what… Go back there and tell the truth to Minji. I’ll eventually have to reveal it to the girls anyway.”

Haerin nodded. “Okay, let's do this.”

After coming to an agreement, Haerin walked back inside the shop and joined Minji who was chatting with Siyeon behind the counter.

“Isn't it unprofessional to let Minji come in the space reserved for the staff ?” Haerin said, cutting the two women's conversation.

“Am I the boss of this place or are you ?” Siyeon frowned.