5.

5.

A month has already gone since the party night. The girls were closer than before but they couldn't see each other as much as Danielle wanted to between the exam session and life's little hassles.

Danielle sighed as she was putting on some clothes, she really wanted to see the Korean girl today. They've been texting each other pretty much everyday and crossed paths at the campus from time to time but it's been at least a week since they had a real hangout and the mixed girl wasn't happy about that fact.

She knew Haerin was working at the coffee shop today, so there wasn't really anything to do about it. Nonetheless, she wasn't feeling like giving up. She did not have any class today, so maybe she could go to Haerin's workplace and study there ? That was a good idea, she could kill two birds in one stone.

She finished preparing herself in a better mood and headed out of her apartment.

Haerin was cashing in a customer when she heard the bell of the coffee shop's door ringing, indicating her of a new customer's arrival. Almost mechanically, she turned her head towards the sound of the door and her jaw almost dropped in surprise when she saw Danielle Marsh's silhouette entering the shop.

Her friend waited in the line as Haerin finished taking care of other clients.

"Hi." She said when it was her turn to order

Haerin chuckled softly. "What are you doing here ?" She asked in disbelief.

"What kind of question is that ? Am I not allowed ? Fine I'll go." Danielle joked as she turned away but Haerin quickly catched her wrist bending from the other side of the counter.

"You know I didn't mean it like that." Haerin frowned. "It just felt surprising to see you here." She added while letting go of Danielle.

The Australian girl smiled. "I know but I needed somewhere calm to work and thought this would be the perfect place."

"First time I witnessed you being smart." Haerin teased

"Shut up."

They both chuckled and Haerin took her friend's order.

For the rest of the afternoon, Haerin kept getting distracted by Danielle's presence. She felt like being watched even if everytime she sneaked a peek towards the mixed girl she seemed totally focused on her studies. For some reasons, Haerin just felt too self conscious that day which led her to give the wrong amount of change to customers, mix drink recipes, spill coffee... She was being a total mess.

When the coffee shop became less busy, Haerin sighed and leaned her back against the counter. She couldn't help but look at Danielle again. The girl was really looking into her studies. She was wearing glasses like Haerin noticed she always does when using her laptop. Her wavy hair was put back in a messy bun but somehow it looked so neat and beautiful. Haerin felt her heart drop suddenly and then beat faster when Danielle raised her head and happened to meet her eyes. The mixed girl smiled and she smiled back at her but she felt caught red handed and could feel her cheeks reddening.

That's when Siyeon, her manager, approached Haerin.
"It's less busy, you can go sit with your girlfriend if you want." She suggested.

Haerin frowned and shook her hands. "She isn't my..." but she didn't finish her sentence when she saw Siyeon giving her a "bitch are you serious?" kind of look.

"Even if she isn't, she soon will be." She replied. Then she chuckled when she saw Haerin's confused face. "Maybe you didn't notice but she was as distracted as you today."