18.

18.

"Hold on... So you're telling me that you never liked Hanni romantically but you did all of this just to make me jealous and confess to her ?" Minji frowned like someone revealed her the most stupid thing ever.

Hyein nodded while sipping on her matcha latte, not bothered at all by Minji's tone of voice.

"Why are you revealing this to me now? I still didn't confess anything." She asked, this time more curiously.

"Well I wasn't going to... But hearing you say that you would actually choose death over me the other day bothered me. I'm not THAT bad." Hyein rolled her eyes, truly annoyed.

Minji chuckled. "Your revelation doesn't change that fact, to be honest."

"You're annoying." Hyein huffed. "Let's close that topic. The real subject is what do you wait for to go and get Hanni ? I may not like her but she's popular with guys and girls, someone's going to steal her from you."

"You say that like it's an easy thing." Minji sighed as she played with the edge of her straw instead of drinking her beverage that was still full.

"Lord, give me patience. How is this girl so dense and stupid ?" The younger girl blurted out while looking at the ceiling desperately.

"What ? It could ruin our friendship if she doesn't like me. I can't take it lightly."

"Minji. Do you think that if there was no chance she likes you I would go through so much pain to make you confess ?"

"Well... knowing your personality..."

"Are you trying to start a fight?" Hyein asked, looking so done.

Minji laughed. Now that she has the upper hand and could actually annoy Hyein, she would get revenge at every occasion that presents itself.

"Fine. Fine." She sighed once she calmed down a little. "Then, since you know Hanni so much. You can tell me if she likes me or not, right?" She asked curiously while bending over the table.

"Nice try but I won't give you any straightforward answer." Hyein smirked.

"You're literally so unuseful." Minji sighed as she leaned back against her chair.

However, Hyein was already not listening to her. Her eyes were following a guy that just entered the coffee shop. The Korean girl got up without a word towards Minji and walked to him. The other one looked at her go with curiosity.

Her friend, if she could call her like that, was obviously hitting on the guy. Oh ! she actually did it successfully, he just gave her his number. Minji's jaw dropped, asking someone out looked so easy when Hyein was doing it. Where did she get herself that self confidence ?

After giving the guy one last seductive smile, Hyein went back to her place under the judgmental stare of Minji.

"What ? He was cute. I had to shoot my shot. Danielle is with Haerin now. You and Hanni probably are going to follow in their footsteps so I have to find myself someone if I don't want to fifth-wheel when we hang out." Hyein said, once she sat down.

"Stop talking like me and Hanni is a certain thing." Minji rolled her eyes, she couldn't take Hyein's undertone anymore.

"You're right... It might not happen if you keep being a coward."

Minji gasped in indignation. "And I'm the one trying to start a fight ?"

Hyein shrugged, completely unbothered once again. Minji sighed and put her untouched drink in a corner and laid her head on the front space of the table instead. She was feeling kind of depressed.

"Talking about Haerin, she's been staying at Danielle's for a few days now." Minji sighed.

"Let them be. These two have to catch up with the days they spent being idiots. Honestly, what took them so long?" Hyein shook her head in disapproval of their past behavior.

"Yeah sure... But it's kind of depressing being at the dorms all alone."

"See ! You got one more reason to confess to Hanni. You wouldn't have to spend your day all alone anymore."

"You're honestly giving me a headache Hyein. Be quiet."

"Whatever..." Hyein said. "Are you going to drink your milkshake or not ?"

"I don't know, why ?" Minji asked, raising her head.

"Because I'm against waste." Hyein took a sip from the drink. "Anyway, I have to go now. My class starts soon." She looked at the time on her phone. "That's really good by the way, I'm taking it with me." She said, showing the milkshake. "See you around."

Minji looked at her walking out of the coffee shop. "Why does she always steal the stuff I paid for...?"

After that, Minji dragged her feet walking to the dorms. She honestly hated being alone. The apartment felt so quiet and suffocating when Haerin wasn't around. She thought of going to the grocery store just to kill time and avoid being alone but she knew she already had all she needed for today's dinner at home.

When she opened the door, she heard that the television was on and frowned as she walked to the living room.

"I forgot to shut it down again ?" She murmured to herself.

But she stopped right in her tracks when she saw Haerin sitting on the couch. The cat-like girl turned her head towards her and Minji scratched her eyes to be sure she wasn't dreaming.

"Why are you standing there and looking at me like an idiot?" Haerin frowned.

"Because I'm wondering what you're doing here."

"We're thursday. Who's going to drive you to your practice if I'm not here ?" Haerin sighed, she always complained about having to drive her everywhere but she also cared too much about Minji to not do it.

A smile appeared in a flash on Minji's face at the explanation. She already planned to take the public transport because she did not want to bother her friend when she just got into a new relationship. So the fact that Haerin still thought about it made her pleased. She automatically ran up to Haerin to give her a hug.

"I'm never getting a driver's license." She said as she squeezed Haerin.

"Nonsense..." Haerin sighed as she nonetheless received her friend in her arms.

They stayed like that in silence for a few seconds. "I think I'm going to confess to Hanni soon..." Minji said after sometime

The cat-like girl smirked. "It's about time."

"But I'm scared." Minji whined, tightening her hold on Haerin.

"Minji... I... I can't breathe."

The tall girl released her friend and crossed her arms while huffing. "That's how you reassure a friend ?"

"Minji, I was dying right there... Plus, I don't see why you're scared."

"I have plenty of reasons."

Haerin raised an eyebrow, not putting up with that bullshit. "Hanni's a blushing mess every time you're at a 3 meter radius. Trust me, you have no reason to be scared of getting rejected."

"You're sure ?"

Haerin nodded with a reassuring smile. "A hundred percent."

Minji smiled back. "Fine. I trust your judgment. I'll think of something."

"You better be or Danielle is really going to kill you."

Minji laughed. "You really can't have a conversation without talking about her. You're down bad honey." Haerin didn't protest and shyly lowered her head while smiling. "But don't worry for me. Danielle owes me one, she won't do anything." She added.

Haerin rolled her eyes. "I still can't believe you helped her kidnap me !" She exclaimed.

Minji stuck out her tongue playfully and got up from the couch. "Anyway, come on private driver. I must go to my basketball practice."