15.

15.

"Calm down sweetheart. This isn't the right moment to talk to her." Hanni, who arrived a few minutes ago, said softly to Danielle.

"Yeah, she looked super drunk earlier. Let her sober up a little." Hyein added.

They were all sitting on the floor of an empty bedroom inside the mansion.

Danielle took a deep breath while massaging her temples to loosen up her headache. "Fine. Then I'll talk to you first."

Hyein and Hanni exchanged a confused look before Hanni spoke : "About what ?"

Danielle chuckled coldly, a bit annoyed by their complicity. "Do you guys realize how it feels to see the two people you trust the most going around and making deals against you with someone they just met three months ago ? Because I just lived this situation and let me tell you : it sucks."

"Danielle, it wasn't like you made it sound. You know it wasn't." Hyein said.

"If you were the one getting locked for ten minutes inside a bathroom without knowing what was going on I think you wouldn't say the same thing."

"They may have gone too far..." Hanni side eyed Hyein who was avoiding her gaze by looking up to the ceiling. "But we did that for you. I was scared you'd make another mistake and ruin everything for good If you acted on an impulse during a party." She explained. "We also did that for Haerin, you can't blame Minji for wanting to keep you away."

Danielle sighed, her anger didn't lessen at those explanations. "Then why didn't you say that from the beginning ? If you just told me the truth I would have understood and I wouldn't have come here. This wouldn't be a horrible night. And we wouldn't be arguing right now."

"The truth, you said ?" Hyein replied this time. "I could ask you the same thing here. Why didn't you say the truth to Haerin when you had the opportunity? It would have cleared all the misunderstanding, right? But you didn't. And I don't blame you for it. You got scared, it happens. And that's what happened to us today. We didn't want to hurt you so we lied. It was stupid. And I'm sorry for everything. Can you understand us at least a little bit ?"

Hyein's argumentation was spotless. Of course, she has always been a smartass. But it didn't help. Danielle still felt betrayed. Nothing has been erased. She still felt like shit. And on top of that, she just realized on a deeper level what Haerin must be feeling towards her. How could she even make herself forgiven now ? It felt impossible. Even with every valuable explanation she could give, will anything ever be able to heal Haerin's wound ?

Danielle slowly got up from the floor and went to the door.

"Where are you going?" Hyein asked.

"I'm just going to get some fresh air, jeez... Don't worry I won't make anything stupid. Plus, Minji is probably with Haerin right now so I won't even have the opportunity." Danielle said more coldly than she intended to.

"Are we good? Tell us before going at least." Hanni asked softly.

Danielle nodded with a subtle smile, almost invisible, but it was still there. "We're good. No worries. I understand."

Haerin was sitting outside on the porch, sipping on a hot black espresso Minji brought her to perk herself up a little. She totally overdrink today and she hoped the night's air would help her sober faster.

Minji told her about Danielle being at the party, even explaining the truth behind the chaotic toilet accident. The cat-like girl was thankful to her friend for preventing them from meeting accidentally. But now that she knew that Danielle was this close, she kind of wanted to see the Australian girl. She sighed, she hated herself for even having that thought.