17.

17.

"Kitty, don't be stubborn. You can't come down on foot from here ! There aren't even lights on the road !" Danielle whined as she followed the cat-like girl around the plain

Haerin stopped walking aimlessly and sighed in frustration. "Then why did you bring me here?"

"Because you wouldn't listen ! You didn't give me any other choices." Danielle exclaimed.

"So you thought that kidnapping me was the way ?"

"Yes... Low-key...?" Danielle said like it was evidence. "Look..." She added softly as she took Haerin's hands in hers. "I really don't want to argue today. I prepared dinner for us a little further. Can we just pretend for a moment, a dinner, that nothing happened ? Like the old times ? After that I swear I'll explain everything to you and if you don't want to hear about me after that.... I'll respect your decision and won't bother you ever again." She tilted her head and desperately waited for Haerin to agree.

Haerin took a deep breath, it was hard not to fold when Danielle was being like that. "... Alright."

The Australian girl jumped in happiness when she heard her answer and without leaving Haerin's hand she started to lead them somewhere.

After a few minutes of walking through what seemed to be a garden, Haerin could see ahead of them a sort of terrace where a dinner table was set outside with fancy decorations. Haerin started to wonder if what she thought was a plain was in fact some sort of private land that Danielle had to rent. This girl was really doing too much.

They both respected the rules for the dinner, they talked like nothing happened, cracking jokes here and there, Danielle was even bold enough to flirt sometimes. Haerin genuinely had fun, she missed this feeling, the feeling of peace she would always feel in Danielle's presence before.

Then, it was time for the talk. Danielle explained everything to Haerin. The fact that she never had a serious relationship before and that commiting to one was kind of scaring her. The fact that she has never loved a woman or anyone this truly either and she was struggling with her identity. But more importantly, she explained the whole situation with her dad and how she was and still is scared that it could affect Haerin's future. She apologized more than a hundred times throughout her speech. And she promised she would do better if she got just one more chance.

"So...?" Danielle asked anxiously.

Haerin didn't answer immediately. "Can we walk as I gave you an answer? I still need to think about all that you said."

Danielle nodded in agreement and they left the table. They walked through the flowers on the plain. The soft breeze going through their hair. Danielle probably never had been in such stress in her entire life.

"I understand your fears Danielle... I won't resent you for it." Haerin said quietly after some time. "For your dad... It's more complicated but I believe we could solve it together if it really goes that far." She added as they arrived at the same place where they met that night, at the point of the plain where the landscape of the city was the prettiest. "But... You're still forgetting something. So I can't give you any answer now." She finished while looking at the building's light below them.

Danielle had been following her the entire time, one step behind. Haerin's answer was a bit confusing but there was still a lot of hope. Once the cat-like girl stopped walking, Danielle wrapped her arms around her waist and rested her chin on Haerin's shoulder.

"You won't fold until I say it huh ? You're a really stubborn kitty... But I guess that's why I love you right?" Danielle said softly in her ear.

Haerin's heart stopped for a second and she slowly turned around but Danielle's hands didn't leave her waist. "What did you just say ?"

Danielle smiled, Haerin looked so cute with her surprised expression and even if it was dark outside she could absolutely notice the blush on her face. "I love you Haerin. I love you so freaking much you couldn't imagine what goes inside my heart right now."

Something shifted in Haerin's eyes at that moment, she smiled foolishly as they exchanged the softest and sweetest eye contact they ever had. "Could you say it one more time ? Just so I make sure this isn't a dream." Haerin chuckled, but she was in fact really serious.

Danielle gasped and bursted into laughter. "You're truly unbelievable..." She cupped Haerin's cheeks inside her hands. "I love you." She repeated softly as their forehead was against each other. "Can I kiss you now ? because it's really getting harder to restrain myself right now."

Haerin chuckled and went in for a kiss. Their lips grinded against each other softly. It was more innocent and genuine than any other kisses they had until now. Danielle giggled through the kiss, feeling butterflies all over her stomach. It felt like they both went back to being teenagers who were having their first love.

When they separated, Haerin didn't even give a second to Danielle to breathe and immediately wrapped her arms around the Australian girl's neck, just lingering in her cherry scent.

"I missed you so much..." She murmured.

Danielle chuckled and her arms automatically wrapped around her freshly new girlfriend's waist. Just taking her in a soft embrace.

"My my... Look who went back to being a softie." She teased.

Haerin blushed one more time as she laughed into the crook of Danielle's neck. "Shut up..." She said shyly.

At a later time, Danielle ended a call with someone and turned back to Haerin.

"The taxi will arrive in five minutes." She announced to the cat-like girl who just nodded. "Uhm... Would you like to spend the rest of the night at mine ?" She asked nervously while avoiding any eye contact with Haerin.

"Aren't you moving a bit too fast, Marsh ?" Haerin teased with a smirk while raising Danielle's chin.

Danielle blushed and turned her face the other way. "I... I wasn't thinking of anything weird..."

"Oh really?" The Korean replied, not convinced at all.

"I swear, it wasn't like that." Danielle rolled her eyes.

"Well... That's a shame."

"What ?" Danielle asked, turning her head towards Haerin at lighting speed, completely flabbergasted.

"Nothing..." Haerin laughed. "Look, the taxi is here." She pointed. "You'll tell the driver we're both going to your house." She winked and went inside the car, leaving Danielle speechless.

-----

I hope y'all are happy now
🤭

I'm a bit sad that I can't tease you with the angst thing anymore 😔

Plus, I know I got y'all used to update once or twice per day but I have exams coming up in 3 weeks and since I did nothing but procrastinate since the beginning of the semester I really need to focus on my studies right now 🤡

so the updates will slow down a little

ps : go stream OOTD by dreamcatcher
my girls really slayed so much with this one 😔