20.

20.

Danielle exhaled for the hundred times as she and Hyein were eating breakfast at her apartment. She kept thinking about Haerin's strange behavior last night and even talking about it with her friend didn't ease her mind.

“Can you stop torturing your food ?” Hyein said as the mixed girl was reluctantly stabbing back and forth the piece of avocado in her plate.

Danielle just groaned as an answer and continued to blankly look at her food.

“Dani, why don't you just ask Haerin about it?” The Korean girl sighed as she put down her fork. Danielle's lack of appetite also ruined her own.

“I did. But she lied to me. Honestly, I don't understand.” Danielle frowned as she remembered Haerin's answer. “One moment she’s acting like the sweetest person I know. And the other she’s distant and trying to hide things from me.”

“Well you should have insisted if it bothers you that much. What are you afraid of anyway? I don't think Haerin's the type to cheat. Like… Have you seen how she looks at you ? She almost made me believe in love.” Hyein said as she stood up to tidy the table.

“No. I don't think she’s cheating. But… I’m sure that it’s that Eunchae named girl, still texting her. I’m almost sure that Haerin doesn't care about her but I just expected she wouldn't reply to her messages anymore, out of respect for me at least.” Danielle said, following Hyein's movement but the Korean girl quickly gestured to her to sit back.

“I’m doing the dishes. Just sit and try to relax because I can't bear you when you're tense.”

Danielle smiled at Hyein's instructions and she sat back on her chair, she always found it cute how Hyein would try to hide the fact that she cares by talking harshly.

“Plus, isn't it just weird that she lies to me if she doesn't do anything bad ?” Danielle continued to think out loud.

“I thought I told you to relax ?” Hyein sighed.

“How could I? It's driving me insane. Someone is trying to seduce my girlfriend !”

Hyein rolled her eyes as she was washing one of the plates. “Danielle, take my phone, call Minji and put her on speaker please.”

“Why ?”

“Don't ask questions.”

“Fine.”

Danielle curiously did as she was told and after a few seconds, Minji answered the call. “What do you want ?” She said coldly.

“Come to Danielle's apartment. I need to talk to you.” Hyein ordered.

“No. Too lazy for that.”

“Hanni's here too.”

“Coming in an hour. Bye.” Minji said before ending the call in a hurry.

Danielle chuckled, a bit amused by the strange dynamic of the two girls. “Are y’all always like that ?”

Hyein shrugged. “This dumbass has a one-sided beef with me.” She said as she laughed too.

“What are you going to say to her when she finds out Hanni isn't actually here?”

“I’ll figure it out later.” Hyein said calmly. “Where is she by the way ? It’s been ages since I last saw her.”

Danielle shrugged. “I told her to come over too this morning but she said she will come later. I think it's because of that secret project of hers.”

Without surprise, once she arrived and found out Hanni was nowhere to be found, Minji threw a tantrum, cursing at Hyein for luring her.

Hyein didn't even try to apologize : “It isn't my fault if you're dumb enough to believe me.” was her only reply and Danielle had to play the mediator in this ridiculous fight, making sure that no one was getting murdered. Somehow, the Australian girl still managed to calm Minji down by cooking her instant noodles and Hyein finally had the chance to talk to her about the reason she made her come over.

“So… I wanted to know if you texted Haerin last night?” Hyein asked.

Minji rolled her eyes. “As if she would reply. She forbade me to text her when she's with you !” She accusingly pointed her finger to Danielle. “I could die that she wouldn't care.” She huffed one last time before taking another bite of her food.

At that answer, Hyein and Danielle exchanged a worried look that didn't escape Minji’s eyes. The tall girl frowned, sensing the gravity of the situation and put down her chopsticks. “Was that the wrong answer to give?”

Danielle pinched the bridge of her nose, having the confirmation that Haerin did really lie to her was painful. She sighed and explained the situation to Minji, hoping the tall girl will come up with a better explanation for the cat-like girl’s behavior. However, the door of her house rang in the middle of her explanation. Hyein made them sign to continue and went to open the door as Danielle was finishing her speech in a hurry. The Korean girl sighed of relief when she saw it was only Hanni.

“Look who's here.” Hyein smiled as she greeted her friend.

The little one hugged Hyein as she went inside. “Don't close the door yet, I met Haerin on my way here. She's coming.” Hanni said and the cat-like girl made her apparition behind Hanni a few seconds later.

Hyein sighed and bite her lips anxiously at the sight of Haerin, her relief was of short time.

Then, the three of them joined Minji and Danielle inside the living room and an awkward atmosphere took place in the room.

Danielle was looking at Haerin with anger. Minji and Hyein exchanged a few worried glances. And Hanni, she just stood there having no clue of what was going on.

“Why is everyone gathered here ?” Haerin asked, completely oblivious to the fact that Danielle was mad at her.

Hyein chuckled awkwardly, rapidly thinking of a lie. “ Hanni and I wanted to have a girl’s night !” She said as she wrapped her arm around the Australian girl’s shoulder. “We used to always do that but since Danielle told us that you would come today, we also brought Minji.”

“Huh ? When did we decide on that?” Hanni frowned.

“Hanni, please shut up.” Hyein whispered to her friend discreetly.

Luckily, Haerin had a biased image of Hyein because of Minji's stories so she didn't really question the strange behavior of the Korean girl. Plus, the idea of hanging out all together pleased the cat-like girl.

Then, she tried to approach Danielle since she hadn't got the chance to talk to her yet. However, Minji stopped her before she could reach her girlfriend. “Haerin, I need to talk to you about something… in private.” She said quietly.

Feeling the seriousness in her friends voice, Haerin didn't protest and followed her through the house but she still took a few glances towards Danielle, wondering why the mixed girl looked so down.