24.

24.

Haerin was looking through the window anxiously from the table they reserved for lunch. In about a few minutes, Mrs. Marsh was probably going to show up and she had absolutely no idea of what was going to come out of this meeting. Danielle's mother was probably going to try and blackmail her to leave Danielle. She was already ready to not back down but she wondered what would happen afterwards. How far could everything go ?

She sighed and leaned back on her chair, trying to relax. That's when the sound of heels drew the cat-like girl's attention, she raised her head and saw Mrs. Marsh calmly walking toward her. Haerin quickly stood up and bowed in respect to greet Danielle's mother.

“No need to be so tense.” She said, as she sat down in front of the Korean girl.

Haerin sat back as well. Now that Mrs. Marsh was in front of her, it was even harder to relax. She felt like she had to prove herself. She wanted Danielle's mother to see her as someone worthy of her daughter.

They ordered their food before starting the serious talk . It felt really awkward for Haerin, Danielle's mother didn't even try to make conversation as they were waiting to be served.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” She said once they got their food, trying to hold Mrs. Marsh's gaze, the intensity of it was similar to Danielle's, which made it harder for her.

Mrs. Marsh was really intimidating.

“I’m not going to beat around the bush.” Mrs. Marsh replied, while searching for something inside her purse. “How much do you want?” She asked, putting a cheque book on the table.

Haerin frowned, feeling insulted by the meaning of this action. “Excuse me ?”

“Don’t act surprised. We both know why you're trying to be with Danielle. It's for the money, isn't it ? So I’m making you an offer. Give me a price and it will be yours. But in exchange, I want you to disappear from my daughter's life.” Mrs. Marsh said, still really calm.

Haerin's jaw clenched. “I don't have a shiny background so I’m automatically a gold-digger in your eyes ?”

“That's the most probable theory.” She nodded, sipping on her glass of red wine.

“Then, I’m going to deceive you because no amount of money is going to make me leave Danielle.”

“Come on… This will just be a one time offer. Are you really going to waste it on some temporary love ? Are you still a teenager? Stop acting so naively.” Mrs. Marsh scoffed.

“Please…” Haerin chuckled dryly, leaning back on her chair. Now that she was annoyed, it seemed like her nervousness completely disappeared. “I think you're the one trying to avoid reality. Excuse my rudeness but don't you know your daughter? Danielle Marsh, famously known for being a player is now completely well behaved and loyal to one person. A girl, on top of that. Do you think she'll be stupid enough to waste her time in a relationship that she knows everyone will disapprove of if she thought it will only last a couple of months ? I trust Danielle on this. You’ll have to think of something better if you want to break us apart.”

Mrs. Marsh didn't reply immediately to that. She examined the girl in front of her. Kang Haerin, she was an odd one. Too confident for someone that had no one to rely on. She was scarily brave. Danielle's had good taste, she thought.

However, before she got the time to reply to the Korean girl. Their attention turned toward someone walking towards them.

It was Danielle, stomping in anger as she almost reached their table.