22.

22.

“You're the problem Hanni.”

“W…What ?” Hanni stuttered at the unexpected reply.

“I really can't get you out of my mind lately.” Minji added, taking a step toward the shorter girl.

Hanni lowered her head, feeling a bit intimidated by Minji’s behavior. Something had changed in her way of acting around Hanni, in the way she looked at her, the way she talked. It was more gentle and caring, a lot more clumsy too. Ever since the day Minji had asked her to stop bring Hyein around during their hangout, she could feel an uneasy tension around them. However, Minji always seemed to ignore this tension on purpose until now and Hanni was feeling weirdly anxious that she might break the silence today.

“Honestly, Did I do something wrong ? Why have you been avoiding me all week ?” Minji said as the Australian girl didn't react.

“What ?” Hanni asked, a bit confused. She didn't understand what Minji was referring to. “I… I wasn't avoiding you.”

“Please…” Minji tilted her head to be able to look the Australian girl in the eyes. “You told me yourself that you can't lie the other day. I know all the excuses you gave me to not see me are false.”

“Fine…" Hanni sighed "I did lie about what I was doing.” She admitted. “But it wasn't to avoid you. I was just really busy.”

“Doing what ?”

“That, I can't tell at the moment. I’m working on something. But you’ll know soon enough.” Hanni smirked, feeling a bit proud about her secret project.

“So there's nothing wrong with us ?” The tall girl asked just to make sure, as her voice was getting softer.

Hanni smiled reassuringly. “No. Of course not.”

Minji took a deep breath, everything was fine. Haerin was right. It was indeed just a big misunderstanding she created all by herself. “What a relief…” Minji said, holding her heart dramatically as always. She had to lean her back on the kitchen worktop, sensing her legs weaken at the feeling of relief. Which got her to be at the same height as the Australian girl.

Hanni chuckled, the Korean girl also had a cute vulnerable side and she was thankful to see they were comfortable enough with each other for her to expose this side of herself.

“Honestly, that was all you were worried about? You scared me.” Hanni laughed once more. “I’m a bit disappointed though… You got my hopes high for nothing again…” She added, more quietly this time.

Minji frowned. “What do you mean ?” She asked as a smirk appeared on her face because of the undertone she felt in Hanni's voice.

Feeling an outburst of confidence after she saw Minji's smile, Hanni got closer to the taller girl and softly wrapped her arms around Minji's neck. “I mean that you're being obvious yet you're not making any moves, idiot.”  She whispered with a sly smile on her face.

Minji looked at her, completely amazed by the audacity. Hanni had such a puzzling personality. She could switch from being the shyest girl Minji met to being the biggest flirt known on earth. The Korean girl felt her heart suddenly quicken and her brain had a hard time reacting. “W…What ?” was the only thing that slipped out of her mouth as she felt her cheeks getting hotter.

“Seems like I succeeded in making you blush this time.” Hanni smiled proudly, not moving back at all. “I think that deserves a reward, right ?”

Her eyes focused on Minji's lips for a second before she got her attention back on her eyes. But this time, Minji didn't take long to react : she got the message. She chuckled as they looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds and then her hands slowly grabbed the Australian girl's hips to close the gap between them. Hanni shivered at the touch as she closed her eyes while Minji leaned in. Their lips met shyly, moving against each other sweetly. The tall girl slowly turned around, making them switch positions so that she could pin Hanni down against the worktop while lingering deeper in the kiss. Hanni's grip tightened around the tall girl's neck, she felt her mind go completely fuzzy as the only thing she could think about at the moment was how giddy every single touch of Minji was making her feel.

They parted away only once they couldn't breathe anymore and while Hanni was still panting for air, Minji wrapped her arms around the little one’s waist this time and she nuzzled on the crook of her neck. “That's not fair.” She whined. “I wanted to confess first.”

Hanni giggled softly at Minji's attitude and she patted the Korean girl's hair gently. “If I waited for you to confess we would have gotten together by the age 60. And I’m being nice.” She said ironically.

Minji gasped dramatically. “That's literally not true. I planned everything but you refused to meet me all week.” She said in a petty tone.

“Really?” Hanni teasingly raised an eyebrow. “Then, let's forget about today. I give you another chance to confess first. Surprise me.” She winked while slowly escaping Minji’s hold.

“W..What ? You mean that we're still not together ?” Minji complained, completely baffled by Hanni's move.

“You shouldn't have bragged. I’m curious about this confession thing now. You have to prove yourself. I don't like people that are all talk and no trousers. ” She said mischievously.

Minji blank in disbelief. “Was your shy attitude a lure ? How come you’re so flirty and demanding now ?” She chuckled.

Hanni giggled. “Well, I was shy because you were unattainable but now that I know you're as whipped as I am. There's no point in being scared, right?”

“Fine… I understand, you just want to see me suffer a little.” Minji sighed with a smile on her face. “I accept the challenge but…” She cupped Hanni's face in her hands. “Let me get another kiss before we forget that night.” She whispered softly before stealing another kiss from the Australian girl.

Hanni blushed shyly afterwards and it took all the strength remaining in her to not fold and cancel the dare she gave to Minji.

“Alright… Goodnight sweetheart.” She said softly and teasingly to Minji before leaving the kitchen.

Minji stayed in the room for a few more minutes, just trying to process everything that just happened. “Wow… She’s really something else.” She murmured to herself before getting back to herself and joining the guestroom Danielle lended her for the night.