40. Sick

After a few days...

Shrey's pov

a phone was ringing. I was still in sleep, my eyes were still closed, they needed sleep. I somehow held the phone and glued it to my ear to listen to mom's voice. But nothing was coming.

" Mom, are you--"

I heard a sob from her. My eyes opened widely. Is she crying? " Mom, what happened to you? Why are you crying? " I sat up straight and kept on asking only to hear her sobs. She was crying very badly.

" Mom, please tell me what happened? Okay you don't have to tell, I'm coming. " I climbed down from my bed and grabbed my shirt which was laying on couch. The phone was still on my hand.

Suddenly I hear my mom " Your dad.. "

" What happened to dad? " My heart was racing so fast. I couldn't wait for mom to complete the sentence, I was heading out but suddenly Madhav stopped me from my back.

" Where are you going at this hour? "

" I don't know. Something happened to dad. "

" What? What happened? " I couldn't answer him, I was running towards outside. Just when I was starting my bike I saw Madhav and Ankit coming down too.

" Wait we are coming with you too. " Madhav started his bike and Ankit sat with him. And we all decided to head towards my home. And mom was still on call.

"Shrey your dad.. "

" Yes what happened there? "

" He got a minor heart attack... We are taking him to the hospital " She somehow managed to say and broke something in me into prices. "Wh... What? " It sounded more like
a whisper. I felt like my world broke apart all sudden.

I could not wait anymore and head towards the hospital. Madhav and Ankit were with me too.

When I reached there, my mom ran to me and hugged me tightly. I saw didi, jiju , uncle, aunty & two of our neighbors were present there already. My mom sobbed hard in my chest.

" How did it happen mom? " I asked while caressing her hair.

" I... I don't know... He was sitting with newspaper...... Suddenly I saw him sweating... And in discomfort.... And I... I... " She could not say anymore. Her cries went bigger and I hugged her tightly. I wanted to cry too but I couldn't. I had to stand strongly. Or mom will break more.

"Gitika ji, please sit here or you'll be sick " Aunty (Arini's mom) came to calm her but she wasn't leaving me.

"What will happen Shrey? What will happen to us? " She asked looking at me. Her teary eyes were piercing my soul. Suddenly my sister came and wrapped her in arms, " Nothing will happen mom.... Please don't say like this " She too cried.

Dad was under doctor's observation. The more time was passing, the more the fear was increasing. When I checked the time, I saw only half and hour has passed but it felt like the longest 30 minutes of life. While looking at the floor, two or three drops of water flew from my eyes but I didn't let anyone see them. I was wiping my face again and again.

" Shrey, the doctor has come. The doctor has come" Suddenly Madhav told me and I stood up looking at him. Just as he approached us , my mom threw a lot of questions at him together. She wasn't in right mind. Everyone tried to calm her while I asked him what the actual matter was.

" He got a minor heart attack " Doctor said.

" How did it happen? " I asked back.

" Maybe because of stress. It happens because of lot of things. He is okay now but we can't say that he will be always good. "

" What do you mean sir? "

" His heart's condition is not good. His health is not good too. Make sure he takes all the medicines and proper rest. He should not take pressure " Doctor said before leaving.

🌻🌻🌻

2 weeks passed and I was at home with mom and dad. I didn't go back to my flat after that night. I wanted to stay with mom. She needed my support. Last week Anushka too stayed here with us but today she left. These days jiju too was visiting us alot, almost everyday after coming back from his office, he visited us and saw dad.

It was like everyone of us, was scared after that one night.

Dad was getting better day by day , we could be happy for this but fate had some other intention. We got to know that his job was no more. He didn't tell us about it and that tension occurred this incident. Since then mom is more scared, she can't imagine now what will happen to us. I'm also not earning anything. We were already in problems and now more came.

I sighed and kept the vessels in their right places. I was doing chores with mom. Dad was in a proper rest now. So many thoughts were floating inside of our head but we couldn't let dad have even an inch of it.

I have been searching for a job since I passed 10th. I knew it was important. Till now I had some expectations with the job. But now I was ready to do anything. My main motive was to bring money at home.

Madhav told me about his uncle's shop but there I could only get 7000 per month which wasn't enough. I needed more.

My chain of thoughts broke when I got a call from mom. Washing my hands, I went to their room. Dad needed some medicines. Mom wanted me to buy them but I couldn't take money from her.

I don't know why but I feel illegal sometimes. Knowing our situation , I'm not able to do anything. I have so many responsibilities but I'm not able to perform any of them.

Days were passing somehow and all I could think is about money now. And suddenly one day I got a call.

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

Do vote & comment