57. First Night

Arini's pov

I was standing near his bed which was decorated finely with flowers. And the whole room scented so good. Wherever my eyes went, I could see candles and flowers. Najane kitne armaan the is kamre mein rehne ka... Ajse pura hoga...

( don't know how many times I dreamt of living in this room... It'll be true from today)

Butterflies were dancing in my tummy. And i could not stop smiling. I was holding a glass of milk, I was told to give this to Shrey because this is some kind of ritual here. I was waiting for him to come now but internally I was nervous as well. I was never scared to be close to Shrey but today. It's not normal even though it's a love marriage, still the first night is not normal. One has to feel nervous tonight.

But my focus from the situation separated for awhile when I heard some noises outside. I could not stop laughing when I heard Shrey's loud voice, " Now I have to pay just to go inside of my own house, to see my own wife. I can't believe "

I giggled hearing him. Our friends are disturbing him so well. Hehe...

My gaze fall on the mirror. I looked at my own reflection. I was wearing a light pink saree, filled with silver work. Don't know why I was looking like a gift, in a wrapping paper. Will shrey like me tonight? Who knows? And his thoughts were giving me ticklish feeling in my tummy.

" Okay okay I'll pay. Tell me how much ? "

I heard him saying again. Maybe now he will enter. I held the glass of milk with one hand and picked up my phone from the bed. A naughty idea came in my head and i wanted to play a little as it could decrease my tension level a little.

My eyes looked in front when I heard a thud. The door was closed and Shrey was inside of the room. My heart skyrocketed when I saw him taking steps towards me. I looked down to my phone screen and played an audio.

" Arini... " The audio started and it already made me grin. I could see Shrey's confused face. He could not understand from where his own voices were coming.
" ...... I have told you this for hundred times and I'm telling you again. I don't love you, will never love you and will never marry you. I have so many things to do in my life except this love. So please stop following me. "

Shrey finally reached to me and held my phone.

I looked at him, showing the full set of teeth. " Kaha tha na suhaag raat mein chalungi "

( told you that I'll play it on our first night)

" Someone save me from this stupid girlllllll" Shrey chuckled when he heard his irritated voice in the audio. I laughed as well. Those were some moments for us.

But now the audio stopped and the room was again filled with the silence and my nervousness and just us, looking at each other. My loud heartbeats seemed to be audible now.

" Par abh is stupid ladki ko kaunn bachaega mujhse? "

( but who will save this stupid girl from me now?)

I gulped when he said that. Can't I rewind and go back in time? This part is making me nervous more.

" Why do I have to be saved? What are you going to do? " I tried to ask and soon saw his lips turning into a smirk.

" Raat hone do... Samajh ajayega"

( let it be night. You'll understand)

His words send shivers all over my body. I felt goosebumps all sudden but I quickly ignored that feeling. My eyes fall on the glass which I was holding for him.