21

I was in school sitting down in my seat seeing some parents walking in. Since it was career day at school my parents promised they would try and make it. But I know better they are always busy. But one thing is I know they will always try and make time for me. I mean I am a bit upset about it but I know they try their best and I'm okay with that.

I look to the front to see Mason's mom and Mason standing at the front of class. I smile looking at Mason while I realize what I was doing and I blush while I shake my head remembering he loves Adriana.

"My day begins at 4 am every morning because the bakery opens at 7. You'd think that the life of a baker is pretty routine, making the pastries, rolls, cakes...but actually it's different every day." Mason's mom explains while she then says, "One day someone might order a cake in the shape of the Eiffel Tower and another day..." she keeps talking while I excuse myself to call my parents, "Hey, mom, dad. Are you guys coming?" I asked my mom who sighs and says, "I'm sorry. We can't we just are too busy."

I sigh while I say, "It's okay. I get it. I love you both." I hear my mom sigh and say, "I love you too. And don't worry your dad and I will make it up to you." She hangs up while I pocket my phone and I look down with a sigh. Plagg then flies out of my hair and asks, "You okay?" I smile sadly while I say, "Yeah, it's nothing new. But I do know they do try and be there even when they can't."

Plagg flies back in my hair while I walk back in the class and I sit back in my seat while I sigh and look down. "Mason will come round and pass out some croissants baked fresh this morning." Mrs. Dupain says while I still look down upset.

I keep looking down not noticing Mason look over to me seeing me upset. Suddenly Mason falls dropping all the croissants my eyes widened while I look over to him. "Jeez, is there a day when you're not tripping over something?" Chris asks Mason.

I look to see Adriana just sitting there not helping Mason. I shake my head while I get up and I walk over and help Mason pick up the croissants. Mason's eyes meet mine and I blush a bit while I shake my head getting rid of the blush rising to my cheeks. I smile at him while he just stares at me with wide eyes. Mr. Bustier then says, "Next on the list is Steven's mother, a policewoman, Officer Rosie."

I finish helping Mason pick up the croissants while Officer Rosie says, "I've been a police officer for 15 years, and I believe that every citizen is innocent until proven guilty." I stand while Chris gasps and says, "My bracelet, it's gone! I had it a second ago." Mason then stands beside me while Chris gasps and glares at Mason.

"You, you stole it!" Chris says blaming it on Mason who looks at him with wide eyes, "What? What are you talking about?" Mason asks while Chris gets close into Mason's face and says, "You purposely tripped on my bag so you could steal my bracelet."

Chris then turns to officer Rosie and says, "You're a policewoman, arrest him." Mrs. Dupain then says, "My son is not a thief." Then officer Rosie blows her whistle while she then says, "Hold on, Mister Bourgeois. We don't accuse without proof. Now everyone calm down please. Maybe you simply misplaced your bracelet." Chris gasps while he stares at officer Rosie.

"You're calling me a liar?" Chris questions while he then turns to his mom and says, "Mommy!" Mayor Bourgeois then turns to officer Rosie and says, "Rosie, I demand you search this boy." Chris then turns back to Mason with a smirk.

Mr. Bustier then steps in and says, "Please, everybody." Mayor Bourgeois then steps up to the table and looks at officer Rosie and says, "Need I remind you that as mayor of this city, I am your superior?" Officer Rosie looks at Mayor Bourgeois, "But ma'am, it's against the law. I can't just go..."