43

I was at school in the library watching Adriana and Maya play Ultimate Mecha strike. It was for the tournament and everyone was watching and some even tried out. I look around to see if Mason was here since Adriana just started the game with Maya. But Mason wasn't here which was odd because he was supposed to come right now. I look back up to the front and my eyes widened to see Adriana lost and Maya won.

Everyone claps for Maya and Adriana high-fives Maya with a smile congratulating her. Adriana then looks time, "Hey, (Y/N), wanna try out?" Adriana asks while my eyes widened and I walk over, "Oh...I guess I can try." I say with a smile and I grab the controller from Adriana. I sit beside Maya who looks to me with a smirk and I look to the screen and I choose my character.

I smile seeing the kitty character and I press that one while Maya takes the other character that looked like a pyramid. To be honest I never really knew what character that was in the show and I still don't know what it is. We chose our characters and we start fighting each other in the video game.

Adriana and Nina cheer me on while I don't notice Mason walk in looking to see what was going on. I keep fighting Maya then I use my combo and I won and Maya lost. I saw that I had the highest score and Mr. Bustier says, "(Y/N), is now in the lead." I smile while I look to Maya seeing her upset.

I was about to say something only for Maya to beat me, "Awesome job, we're gonna make a killer combo." Maya then raises her hand to me and I smile while we both then high-five. Everyone cheers for us while I freak out.

"Dang it! Adriana was supposed to win! Not me!"

"How come I keep changing the story of each episode!"

"Ugh...it doesn't matter now...what's done is done. I just have to keep moving forward."

I shake my head from my thoughts while Maya and I stand up while Mrs. Damocles and Mr. Bustier stand beside us. "Well, I think we have our two champions lined up for the Paris tournament..." Mrs. Damocles says only to get cut off by Mason, "Wait!" Everyone turns to him while he asks, "Uh...is it too late to try out?"

Everyone gasps while Mrs. Damocles says, "Well, the library is closing up in 5 minutes but..." She then trails off while Mason walks over and sits down determined. He holds his hand out for the controller from Maya who just stares at him. I looked confused because I know Adriana was supposed to but she didn't and I won. So who does Mason want to try out now if Adriana lost? I shake my head while I look at Mason then to the controller I was holding and I walk over to him with a smile and I hand him my controller. I walk over to everyone else not noticing Mason gasp in excitement and say to himself, "(Y/N's) joypad." He rubs his cheek on the joypad while his eyes widened and he looks around while he then looks to the front determined.

"Is he serious? There's no way." Kim says while Aidan walks over then says, "Unless the particular player has a particular motivation." He then points his phone to the front recording, "The rules are elementary. You battle each other's robot with your own and..." Maya explains while Mason cuts her off, "Please...every time you win, you loot her items and gain XP, which upgrades your mech'. I'm not a newb' thank you very much."

Maya looks to Mason then says, "Uh...sounds like you have a saphishente amount of knowledge. Let's see if it's enough to beat me." Maya smirks at Mason while Maya then holds her hand out to shake Mason's hand. Mason shakes hands with Maya and they both start the video game.