Epilogue

Finale

Multiple alarms were blaring. It was almost foggy because of dusk and smoke. Medics were everywhere... a crowd of people and cars stopped in the middle of the road. In front of the intersection a truck was slightly lifted, and underneath was a familiar car.

I closed the car door and lifelessly walked towards the commotion. Everything was dark in my vision, I feel like it is the end of the world. An end of hope. I don't even know how I manage to keep on my tracks with my knees weakening. I cannot even feel my own feet anymore.

I pushed everyone who was getting on my way.

"Sir people are not allowed to go inside!" isang pulis ang humarang sa akin, nang lampasan ko ang barricade na naka palibot sa pinangyarihan ng aksidente.

But my sanity left me a while ago. I couldn't even think straight anymore, all I needed was to see my wife. I want to see my wife.

I continued walking inside. They successfully removed the car underneath the side of the truck. Halos malaglag ang puso ko at takasan ako ng lakas sa itsura ng sasakyan. It was crumpled, almost cut in half. Horror inside me multiplied thinking that my dear wife was inside that car.

"Get her inside! Move faster!" I shouted to the authorities. My heart was slamming so hard against my chest and my eyes started to water.

Another guy blocked my vision and pushed me. "Mister you are not allowed in here!"

"She's my wife! That's my wife inside that car! I want to see her!" my voice thundered in rage. All my veins were almost protruding, and I am all red because of resentment and anger.

But all of my wrath suddenly melted away when I saw the medic, take the body of a woman lifeless out of the car. They put her on a stretcher and the moment I saw her face, everything in me died too.

The surroundings went silent. All of a sudden everything was a blur. All I could see was my wife lying on a stretcher lifeless, covered in her own blood. Her head... her h-head has a big cut and blood keeps on pouring out of it. My hands trembled in horror and I felt like I was shot right in the middle of my chest.

I ran to her. Tears flowed down from my eyes. I kneeled beside her. My shoulders started shaking but I lost all my ability to feel pain. It was like I was struck by lightning that made my whole body numb.

"B-Baby... baby I'm here... p-please open your eyes." my voice is shaking.

"Lyra... baby... Cian is here... p-please open your eyes for me." I continued crying.

I couldn't even bring myself to touch her. She's like a broken porcelain in front of me. I don't want to add up to her pain.

"Sir, we need to take her."

Mabilis akong umatras para makuha nila siya. I stood up and was about to follow them when the police held me. I watched my wife being taken away from me, they put her inside the ambulance and in a swift motion she's gone from my eyes again.

"Let go! Let go of me!" sigaw ko at halos magwala na.

Bumaba ang mata ko sa kalsada. I froze when I realized I was standing above my wife's blood. It made me feel upset. Never in my lifetime would I expect to see her like that. I treated her with so much carefulness but here I am stepping in my wife's own blood.

All of my insides churned. I felt like it was the end of me. I felt like I lost everything. I just took my eyes off her for a second and then all of these happened. I shouldn't have gone home. I shouldn't have left her all alone.

The picture of her lying lifelessly, covered in her own blood made me sick. Everytime I close my eyes I can still see it. Everywhere I go I hear alarms blaring. Whenever there's fog and smoke I can almost lose my mind. I became paranoid. Everything replays in my mind, again and again and again. Like I am in a torture.