Interrogation(00 line + I.N) pt 2

Chan had actually fallen asleep which is of course the one time that something actually happens that required his attention. Could he just have one night of peace!? Of course not!

"Why are you guys all so tired?" Minho wondered, feeling Felix's forehead for a fever. Felix let him for just a moment but then pulled away. I.N's eyes bore into Felix's eyes, waiting to see if he would tell. He didn't think any of them would tell but the maknae couldn't be too sure. 

"I guess it was just a bad night for us" Jisung cut in before Felix could say anything. It wasn't exactly believable but it was the best he could come up with on short notice. They really should have come up with a better alibi before going to bed the night before, if only for two hours of distressed sleep. Minho looked at Chan, very clearly not buying that lie but unsure if he was the only one. He wasn't. Chan could see that they were lying too but he didn't know why. Chan didn't see any reason for the younger members to be lying. 

"Well, why don't you take the day off?" Chan decided.

"No!" I.N answered too quickly and then coughed a little to cover it up. Seungmin groaned and put his head on the table a little harder than necessary.

"I mean, we don't need a break hyung! We'll be fine" I.N corrected himself. Chan studied him closely and noticed how nervous the youngest was. In fact, the entire maknae line + Hyunjin were looking extremely guilty and trying to avoid their hyungs' gaze. 

"If you say so. I'm keeping an eye on you guys though. If I think that your getting tired, then you will sit out. Is that clear?" Chan said sternly. This was non-negotiable. 

"Yes hyung" The 00 line and maknae nodded in agreement. A break did sound nice but they didn't want to raise suspicions. Chan continued to keep an eye on them, knowing that Changbin and Lee Know were doing the same thing and feeling assured by that. If there was something that he failed to see, he was confident that the other two would notice. For a while, the younger five idols were really okay, if only just a little tired. But then it happened, just as Chan had feared it would. 

"Ow! Damnit, Jisung!" Hyunjin groaned, holding a hand to his knee painfully. Jisung scrambled away, still hovering close by as if he wanted to help but wasn't sure how. 

"I'm sorry!" Jisung wailed, his hands flailing around as he attempted to comfort Hyunjin and failed. He didn't want to touch his friend but at the same time, that was all he wanted. I.N collapsed to the floor, laying down and closing his eyes as sweat poured off his face and his breathing sped up. That was not good. Neither was the way that Seungmin had paled tremendously and was struggling to catch his breath. 

"Alright, give him some space. Can you stand, Hyunjin?" Chan held a hand out for the dancer and Hyunjin took it, pulling himself up and hopping on one foot to keep from further injuring his knee. He had definitely buckled his knee. 

"Minho" Chan motioned the younger man over and Minho nodded, picking up Hyunjin and carrying him out of the room to get his knee checked. It was a really good thing that htey had their own nurse's office for things like this. 

"All of you, go too. You look like your about to pass out" Chan ordered firmly. Felix helped I.N up and walked him out. Seungmin and Jisung linked arms with each other and followed. Chan finally turned to Changbin.

"They were up all night?" Changbin guessed. Chan nodded. That was pretty clear that their dongsaengs were up all night. But why?

"You don't know anything?" Chan wondered. Changbin rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Well, I thought it was nothing at first but I did hear the 00 line talking last night. I think I know what happened" Changbin admitted. Chan turned to him, waiting for an explanation and Changbin told him everything.