Chapter 4

Walking back inside of my house was painful

Walking back inside of my house was painful. It was eerily quiet. I jumped when the door slammed behind me. Kyle gave me an apologetic look. I felt my face warming in embarrassment. I darted upstairs to my room.

Once inside I kicked off my boots and slipped off my dress. I pulled on a pair of black leggings and a long black t-shirt. It was something I would normally wear to sleep, but I didn't feel like wearing anything else. Once I was changed I went downstairs to look for Kyle.

I found Kyle in the kitchen fixing himself up something to eat. He didn't turn to look at me as I walked in. He pulled out two plates. I assumed he was also fixing me something to eat as well.

"I'm not hungry." I said.

"You haven't eaten anything." Kyle glanced back at me as I took a seat at the island.

"I said I'm not-"

"You're eating something, Chloe. You'll get sick if you don't eat and try to take care of yourself. You need your energy for what I have in mind." He said. "Besides I promised your dad before that I'd always take care of you."

"It's just hard..." I said in a whisper. "I'm still trying to process everything and I feel like I'm slowly losing control of myself."

"It probably doesn't help that you're a werewolf now. Sometimes we let ourselves be dominated by our wolves. Their emotions are stronger than ours." Kyle explained. "When we turn into a werewolf, our senses are heightened. Everything about us intensifies. On the first few months our emotions are hard to control. It's probably why Vincent dared to even show up. Your wolf is more in control than you are. She was probably calling out to him."

"How do I control it?"

I didn't want another repeat of today no matter how much my heart said otherwise. It was somewhat comforting knowing that my feelings weren't exactly all coming from me. The wolf inside of me wanted Vincent. Maybe even more than I myself did.

Even if the wolf was part of me I wanted to let myself believe that it had its own mind. The wolf part of me was influencing my feelings. Yeah. That's what I had to keep telling myself. It was comforting for me as pathetic as it seemed.

"With training. You have to learn to shift on command. For you it should be easy to control since it's in your blood. For those who are marked it's so much harder. We can start tomorrow and I can teach you everything your dad taught me."

Kyle set a plate in front of me with a sandwich that really did look appealing but my memories continued to haunt me. My mouth went dry and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to stomach it.

I looked up and saw Kyle waiting for me to take a bite. I reluctantly lifted the sandwich up to my mouth and took a small bite. My body eagerly accepted it. I immediately felt my stomach drop at how easy it was to do things like this and knowing my dad would never be able to sit with me and share a meal.