Chapter 6

I felt several different hands on me

I felt several different hands on me. My body kept twisting and my bones kept moving to readjust in the right position. I no longer focused on the anger. All I could feel was the pain of feeling my wolf surface. It was the most excruciating pain. This wasn't like the first time. If anything, it felt ten times worse.

I was on my hands and knees trying to get up from the ground. I looked down at my hands and saw my fingers begin to twist in an unnatural way. Seeing that sent a wave of panic through me. I didn't want this right now, but my body had a mind of its own.

"...just help her!"

There was a lot going on around me. I couldn't pay attention to them. I felt someone grab me around the waist and my hair blew wildly. I was tossed on my back at the same time I felt a twist down my spine. I cried out and laid in a fetal position. My entire body continued to shake.

"Chloe, I need you to listen to my voice."

I growled out and I wanted to lash out at Vincent. He was close to me. I could feel light tingles on my skin where he touched me. The last thing I wanted was to be near him. A growl left my lips showing him exactly how much I didn't need him here with me.

"Don't," I said through gritted teeth, "touch me."

Another wave of pain shuddered through me. I kept my eyes closed hoping that I wouldn't have to see my body twist in unnatural ways. Feeling it was bad enough but seeing it struck fear in me. It was just a reminder of how my life was twisted into such a chaos.

"I can make the pain go away." He said. His voice was so close I could feel his breath brushing against my ear. "I can make it stop."

"No." I growled out.

I didn't want Vincent helping me. I tried to push him away but my attempts were weak. I felt his fingers run over the mark he had left on me. A shiver ran down my back and I relaxed a bit. I cursed my body for reacting to him.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise."

"Sinclair." I heard Kyle's voice.

"Don't you dare come near her." Vincent threatened.

I felt Vincent's arms slide under me and he was pressing me against him. I kept my eyes closed. As much as I hated it I couldn't ignore the calming affect it was having on my wolf. Right now I really needed it and it wasn't because my heart was really loving this, but because of Alexa.

My mind kept replaying Alexa's words. Nothing could take away the sting of her betrayal. She knew about everything and she kept it from me. How could I have missed something like that? How could I be so stupid?

"Dimitri kissed me." I said, letting my head fall in my hands.

"Seriously?" Alexa asked. "And here I thought Vincent-"