Epilogue

Several things happened at once as I held Vincent's still heart in my hand

Several things happened at once as I held Vincent's still heart in my hand. Someone grabbed me around the waist and started dragging me away. I dropped Vincent's heart and clawed at the person holding me.

Several loud, powerful, growls pierced the air and all ceased. I felt the power of the command deep in my bones but I didn't react like the others did. I didn't drop my head in submissive and bow down.

The Elders were here.

I knew it was them. There was no way anyone could hold that much power without having Elder blood in them.

"Chloe, you have to go." Someone growled in my ear. "Get your friends and run."

I turned to see Yahir. He was holding me and trying to get me to run. He had sensed them somehow. He knew that they were here before they made their presence known.

"I'm not running." I snapped.

"If you don't run they will kill you." He growled. "You just killed your mate."

"So?"

"What do you mean so?" Yahir asked, bewildered. "Listen to me, Chloe. You still have friends and people to protect. They will die. The only way you'll keep them alive is if they're looking for you."

"I'm not running away. I'm not scared of them."

And I really wasn't. If they were here to kill me i wouldn't go down without a fight. They didn't scare or intimidate me. I felt nothing.

"Think about the others!" Yahir growled as he continued to try to drag me away. "You have to go and I'll try to keep them from killing anyone. The rest of us will catch up. Send word when you're somewhere safe."

I opened my mouth to argue but he growled fiercely and it told me he wasn't in the mood to argue.

"Go. Go now before they see you."

I could see them in the distance. There were so many of them. There was no way that all of us could take them on. I searched for Archer and I could see on his face that he was thinking the same thing.

Yahir was right. Being dead wasn't going to help anything. The only satisfaction I had right now was that Archer couldn't fulfill his stupid plan.

"Chloe." Yahir said.

"Where should I go?" I asked.

"East Den. The Alpha is a friend of mine." He said, pushing me to get going. "We'll catch up when we can."

I nodded and started to turn but Yahir reached out to stop me. There was something in his eyes that I couldn't quite figure out.

"What?"

"Just-just stay alive and don't do something stupid."

I wanted to ask what he meant by that but he turned his back on me. That was cue to leave.

So I ran like a damn coward without looking back again. The next time that I saw Archer I was going to kill him. The next time I stood in front of the Elders, they would be joining him.

I pushed myself to run as fast as I could on feet. If someone was chasing after me I had to make sure I could move faster. My wolf form would give me more strength but the size would definitely slow me down.

From behind me I could hear a set of heavy paws pushing fast. I was being tracked. There was only one from the sound of it but they were advancing on me. I didn't dare look back. If they caught me from behind all I had to do was shift.

The heavy breathing came faster from behind. Whoever was chasing me was going to catch up eventually. I just wondered if it was one of the Elders or maybe a council member. It didn't matter. If they out their hands on me they would be dead.

"Stop."

That voice I knew all too well. I stopped and turned around only to have someone crash into me. I landed on my back and the person who was chasing me landed right next to me. The impact knocked the wind right out of me.

When my eyes landed on him, all I could see was red. I was going to kill him.

To be continued....

Blood Rush coming soon!