Chapter 11

The ride back to my house was long and was kept in silence

The ride back to my house was long and was kept in silence. While I was seated at the passenger seat Tessa sat in the back wedge between Ian and Seth. Everyone else followed close behind us. I didn't want to take her back to the gathering in case someone crossed out territory and found her there.

Several cars pulled up and only a few got out. Tessa cursed at Seth when he roughly shoved her. She sneered at him but kept her mouth close. She kept her eyes down when she stopped in front of me.

"Kyle, take Tessa inside." I ordered. "Ian, Seth, take the others to go patrol the border. If anyone tries to cross, kill them."

"Are you sure?" Seth asked.

"If Tessa is right and they're plotting against us then do you really think they won't try to attack? It's them or is and I rather see our pack alive." I turned to the rest. "Your orders are to patrol and let no one through. When you see Donovan then send him straight to me."

They nodded and started walking off. Theo and his dad were with the group that came. It seemed like Theo wanted to be part of whatever was going on but his dad wasn't having any of it.

"Hey," I called out to both of them.

Theo's eyes lit up when he realized my words were directed at him too. I walked closer to them and hoped what I said next didn't change how they saw me as an Alpha.

"I want to thank the both of you for accepting me and allowing me to take control of this problem."

"You did great." Dan said. "Your father would have been proud."

"I'm not sure everyone agrees with my position," I said, "but I'm glad that I have people who accepted it."

"If I can be completely honest, it's not everyone that's the problem." Dan lowered his voice and Theo looked around to make sure no one else was listening in.

"What do you mean?"

"You can't trust all of those around you. Forgive me for speaking so freely, but there have been several rumors surfacing lately. It has everyone confused and frightened."

"What kind of rumors?"

"Donovan had informed us that a council member contacted him this morning. The pack is worried of what that might mean for us. I'm not sure how much you know about our pack history but-"

"I know my dad broke a law. I understand what the Elder's coming means for all of us. I fully intend to do what I can to save us all."

I almost wanted to hit myself. I couldn't make promises I didn't know if I would be able to keep.

"Since I know I can trust you I wanted to ask if you could do something for me."

"Anything, Alpha." It was Theo who answered.